🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PlanBFromOuterSpace

Jay & Silent Bob vs. Pinhead: And you wasted Smith on that tired giant spider story...

Who cares about the tired Superman spider fiasco. Jay and Silent Bob versus Pinhead was something that actually had a chance of happening!

http://www.cracked.com/article_20113_5-insane-pop-culture-crossovers-that-almost-happened.html

It's #2 on the list, a solid #2...

[/left]

After 2001's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back seemed to mark the retirement of the two characters, Smith

received a phone call from Miramax head Harvey Weinstein, presumably looking for the quickest way to spray ropy diarrhea tendrils all over the Oscar cred the studio had built up during the '90s. Weinstein's idea was to do a Jay and Silent Bob/Hellraiser crossover, like the classic comedy/horror mashup Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein, only with more sadomasochistic demon torture.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20113_5-insane-pop-culture-crossovers-that-almost-happened_p2.html#ixzz2DTFOR3Tq

[/left]

I just saw this article as well, I'm more intrigued by the Ghost Rider/Casper collabo. It would be amazing to see Nic Cage as Ghost Rider as Casper.

I instantly thought of Archie vs. Punisher when they went into that, but then they go on and mention it in the write-up anyway, so that's good. Unfortunately, the teased Wolverine vs. Jughead never came to be :(

Archie vs. Punisher is still a million times better than Eminem vs. Punisher.

I truly think that Archie vs. Punisher was ahead of it's time. It looked like just another stupid nonsensical crossover at a time where there were a billion, but it works SO so well, like it was a commentary about that period in comics or something.

I would have loved to see it played up as a "what if" comic similar to "Punisher kills the Marvel Universe" or "Deadpool kills the Marvel Univers" where the Punisher goes apeshit in Archie's world and massacres these people who are so not in the same league as the Punisher. That or they Chris Nolan Archie's town where there are drug dealers and pimps and Archie is beating Veronica and the Punisher stumbles onto the town and has to right the wrongs there.

Sign in to follow this