🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 1 — Let the Game Begin!

The first ep was recorded in Sept 2011. Yes, it's been a long time coming! We're all so glad that it's here.

WHAT. That is bananas. So is there going to be a year-long gap between when episodes 1 and 2 were recorded, or do we have a year's worth of unheard podcasts coming at us?

WHAT. That is bananas. So is there going to be a year-long gap between when episodes 1 and 2 were recorded, or do we have a year's worth of unheard podcasts coming at us?

We have a few banked and will record a few more. It's undecided as to whether is will be a "mini-series" or a regular podcast. Scheduling has been a bitch. I mean the worst we've ever seen.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the outpouring of support will encourage a regular schedule. Take to the forums, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter and let the gang know you demand more!

• Like 12

There should be weekly guests who are forced to inherit the same evolving guest character throughout a campaign/season. For example, Matt Besser would inherit a halfling invoker with +7 to ass-eating from previous week's guest Lauren Lapkus.

• Like 9

Handywork of Aaron Nestor, he's the BEST!

We usually wait on Tshirts until we find an audience, but if enough people as for it, maybe we can make an exception! There might be room in my garage...but just barely. There are about 4,000 shirts in there already.

So you're saying I need to buy more shirts? Or that you need a new place to store these shirts?

Now I have a reason to buy more Earwolf tees. Well played Jeff, well played.

• Like 2

So you're saying I need to buy more shirts? Or that you need a new place to store these shirts?

Now I have a reason to buy more Earwolf tees. Well played Jeff, well played.

Speaking of shirts, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BUY SOME OF JASON WOLINER'S SHIRTS?! WE ARE ALL VERY WORRIED ABOUT HIM!!

http://www.jeshirt.tumblr.com

• Like 7

There should be weekly guests who are forced to inherit the same evolving guest character throughout a campaign/season. For example, Matt Besser would inherit a halfling invoker with +7 to ass-eating from previous week's guest Lauren Lapkus.

That is a spectacular idea :lol:

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the outpouring of support will encourage a regular schedule. Take to the forums, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter and let the gang know you demand more!

Challenge accepted.

• Like 1

Absolutly wonderful podcast. Everyone is so funny and nerdy. I play D&D as often as I am able and I'm a huge Brian Posehn fan, so this is basically my favorite. And Sark's excellent game intro gave me some great ideas for how to start my next big campaign. I honestly think listening to this Podcast will make me a better Dungeon Master.

THANK YOU!

~Jeffrey

• Like 3

Extremely recently a friend and I decided we ought to give D&D a try and this is exactly what I needed to hear now. Really fun podcast, Brian is hilarious, the logo and music are awesome, and I'm sooo looking forward to hearing the next part of the story. I think I pictured a D&D game as 90% dice rolling, 10% story so hearing this makes me look forward to giving it a try even more. Could've done without 5 minutes of feces chat, and I'm kinda hoping Blackie Green rolls some critical failures, but I could listen to this for hours.

Gerry's hippie shaman is by far my favorite character. That voice made me laugh for hours. El-Ryan Hubbard and his spirit bear totes go to burning man every year.

• Like 2

+1 for regular schedule, this was fantastic. Loved the bit about the "nerd voice" crutch. I know it doesn't really work to have other guests, but if you guys can find a way to get Dan Harmon on for an episode, that would be amazing. Maybe have him play an NPC, I'm picturing some kind of evil over-the-top wizard or something.

• Like 1

My wife (miiee wiiiiife) owns an anime store and has a D&D game there. I tried to play once and hated it. Now I know why: they were boring idiots. After listening to this, I think I might actually like to play. Anyone know a bunch of super funny, famous people with a fridge full of snacks?

Also, Blaine needs to tone it down just a tad.

And you can go to hell, heathen

"Your roommate's shampoo - nothing cleans better than your roommate's shampoo. Brought to you by the makers of your roommate's cereal."

• Like 3

It's been so long since I've played. I need a new group. I'm so glad to have come upon this, especially after writing a treatment for a D&D show.

If you live in Orange county ca you can join my game. None of us really know wtf were doing though.

Ah! I can't wait to listen to this at work tomorrow morning. I was actually JUST thinking about this last week that it would be sweet to listen to entertaining folk play a game of D&D and lo and behold... this happens. I love you Earwolf!

I've never role-played either but for we Posehn-heads this podcast is like a dream come true. Nay ... not like a dream come true ... an actual dream come true.

I had just listened to the episode of Harmontown where they start (and slog through) a DnD adventure and it had filled my soul with doubt and torment that DnD could be entertaining to listen to in podcast form but this group of Brian's is brilliant.

The first ep was recorded in Sept 2011. Yes, it's been a long time coming! We're all so glad that it's here.

Also, Blaine needs to tone it down just a tad.

Lol. Better hope Blackie stumbles into a time machine so he can follow your advice Thegardnerd. If that even is your real name.

Or better yet, come to your senses because Blaine is tremendous to the max.

I loved PFT's little, halfway-off-mic "you son of a bitch" when Scott was hammering Werner for not being accurate during the opening questions of WTR.

I also always love whenever Scott says something faux-profound and says "Do you know what I mean?". And his one-line return to bashing Obamacare. And everything else that came out of his mouth this episode.

• Like 1

I loved PFT's little, halfway-off-mic "you son of a bitch" when Scott was hammering Werner for not being accurate during the opening questions of WTR.

I also always love whenever Scott says something faux-profound and says "Do you know what I mean?". And his one-line return to bashing Obamacare. And everything else that came out of his mouth this episode.

Werner Herzog, the greatest of dungeon Masters.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this