🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cosmano

Lambada (1990)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099969/

The 1990 flick that came about during the lambada dance "craze"

I watched it by mistake recently after mixing it up with another movie about lambada dancing that came out the same year called The Forbidden Dance.

please please please check this crazy as shit movie out and do it on the show.

Melora Hardin (Jan on The Office) plays a highschooler (questionably) who's hot for teacher.

Teacher has an afterschool gig dancing it up at the local sleezy dance joint and tutoring at risk youth.. at the same time -_-

It cracks me up.

I would love to hear Melora talk about this movie.

you can watch it on Netflix and Amazon Instant.

Edit: here's the trailer

So was it the OTHER one where they tried to raise awareness of the destruction of the rain forests and the evils of corporate culture through dry-humping? The newest "Step Up" movie reminded me of that. The trailers were all like "Our dancing is going to cause change and revolution!". Sorry asshole, but no, it's just fucking up everyone's drive to work.

• Like 1

The fun part of the two Lambada movies is that they were separately produced by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus, the guys who ran Cannon, makers of such fine films as "Superman IV," "The Apple," "Over the Top" and, um, Franco Zeffirelli's "Otello." Then, just to make it even funnier, they were released the same weekend.

• Like 1

Yes the other one is equally ridiculous if not more over the top. Laura Herring (Rita in Mullholland Drive) plays a amazonian princess on a mission to raise awareness about some evil company trying to destroy her precious land. I am on a mission to watch it again but I'm afraid to watch it as an adult. I can't find any good clips online but here's the trailer

Lambadas producers sued this movie and they had to change the name.( according to imdb trivia) It's also known as The Forbidden Dance is Lambada.

Hell they could even do this movie. There's a lot of material between the two.

Yes the other one is equally ridiculous if not more over the top. Laura Herring (Rita in Mullholland Drive) plays a amazonian princess on a mission to raise awareness about some evil company trying to destroy her precious land. I am on a mission to watch it again but I'm afraid to watch it as an adult. I can't find any good clips online but here's the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0uLH8MnHzU

Lambadas producers sued this movie and they had to change the name.( according to imdb trivia) It's also known as The Forbidden Dance is Lambada.

Double feature episode!

It Takes Two to Tango Lambada!

• Like 1

Just wanted to throw a +1 on this movie (or movie pairing). These movies are hilarious and bad, both of them. A double feature episode would be great.

Yes, please for a double feature. The Forbidden Dance is Lambada involves a princess from the rainforest coming to America in order to tell everybody to save the rainforest. First she ends up being a maid, but falls in love with the son at the house she works out. Then somehow she becomes a stripper/hooker. Then somehow she ends up on a dance contest show where she shows everybody the Lambada and then, if I recall correctly, the movie ends with the MC of the dance contest saying something like "Yo, we gotta save the rainforest." It's bonkers.

My wife just made me watch The Forbidden Dance and now I'm a believer. Please, HDTGM, make the world watch this movie.

• Like 1

Here's a clip of Princess Nisa getting angry and dancing her ruffles off in The Forbidden Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GjV5fn5iU8

Also just thought I'd mention The Forbidden Dance has a 3.3 on IMDB and Sid Haig (crazy clown from House of 1000 Corpses) plays a Brazilian shaman in it.

If that doesn’t spell quality I don’t know what does.

OH! and Lambada has Ozone from the Breakin' series.

We're sitting on a goldmine!

On 11/30/2012 at 6:26 PM, Cosmano said:

I was 2 when this movie came out, but I have VERY vivid memories of watching this with my sisters and being ENAMORED with this movie and still wondering how she got from the Amazon to LA so quickly. It was like she walked across a highway and was just there.

65F670B9-FF75-4ABD-9FA9-224FB6A2BEBB.jpeg