🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 123 — Flush This, Hide This

The iconic comedian Eddie Pepitone drops by the calming shores on today’s Sklarbro Country! Eddie tells us how his relationship with his father plays a large role in his documentary The Bitter Buddha, Hugh Grant getting barred from one of his Edinburgh Fringe shows, and how he celebrated when the New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup. Also, Randy, Jason, and Eddie get into some Quick Hits involving rodeo clowns making racist jokes, The Murky Gender Games, and NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski being fined for tweeting in his car during a race. Plus, we call Bruce Jenner to find out if the rumors of his divorce are true.

Wow, I would never have guessed Eddie was at the level of sports fandom as making a tin foil stanley cup. It was interesting to hear New York's perspective on the '94 series, as a Vancouverite. Also, if you want you want to blend in while in Edinburgh, you should pronounce it "Edin-burr-uh" to avoid the ire of the locals.

Great episode, I'm on my third listen.

Tim Tebow had 300 passing yards in a playoff game against the number one ranked defense in the NFL. You guys talk about him like he's Gary Hogeboom or something.

When you talk about Tebow and Christianity your speech is borderline hateful. Just because Tebow says "God was with me" doesn't mean he's saying God wasn't with other people. She's God, she can be with more than one person! Go back and separate what Tebow says from what people say about him- he's a humble, positive guy who's only doing his best as a person and player. All the other stuff you're attributing to him is coming from Right-Wing conservatives- believe it or not they do not represent all of Christianity. Did people claim Sandy Koufax was acting morally superior when he sat out Yom Kippur? No, they commended his dedication to his beliefs; they didn't start attacking the holiday of Channukah or comment on how people look in Yarmukles. Just food for thought from a loyal citizen of the County in the Country (my house is a half mile from Yankovic Cove).

Living in Denver I can say honestly, seeing Tebow play in person, he is awful. The only reason he ever had any passing yards was because we had great receivers like Decker who killed themselves to catch the awful passes he threw.

Anyway, the NHL labor stoppage has me livid. We're lucky here in Denver now we have a minor league team called the Cutthroats and they seem to be doing pretty well at keeping us sated. Still, I worry that this has killed the NHL. I mean, I'll keep watching when it comes back, but I'm not sure I'll shell out to go to actual games anymore.

Great episode, but I don't know how "Murky Gender Games" wasn't chosen as the title. Classic line.

When you talk about Tebow and Christianity your speech is borderline hateful. Just because Tebow says "God was with me" doesn't mean he's saying God wasn't with other people. She's God, she can be with more than one person! Go back and separate what Tebow says from what people say about him- he's a humble, positive guy who's only doing his best as a person and player. All the other stuff you're attributing to him is coming from Right-Wing conservatives- believe it or not they do not represent all of Christianity. Did people claim Sandy Koufax was acting morally superior when he sat out Yom Kippur? No, they commended his dedication to his beliefs; they didn't start attacking the holiday of Channukah or comment on how people look in Yarmukles. Just food for thought from a loyal citizen of the County in the Country (my house is a half mile from Yankovic Cove).

First of all, they downplay Tebow not Christianity as a whole.

Second, Tebow does fucking suck as a quarterback. He has 0 skills. I don't even like football and I can tell.

Third, saying God is a woman. Please be more pretentious.

Fourth, God can't be with both sides of a football game since one team loses. If God helped one team win, that means it didn't help the other team win. Therefore, God was more 'on one side' than on the other. What makes Tebow's side better for God to help? That's all d-bag ego from Tebow.

Fifth, Sandy Koufax has nothing to do with this. Tebow didn't sit out during a Christian holiday, and the Sklars didn't mock Christmas or anything so you're grasping at pointless straws.

Sixth, you spelled Chanukah wrong.

Seventh, you spelled Yarmulke wrong.

Does that mean God was on my side because your post was riddled with flaws?

• Like 2

I frankly get upset when ever people act as if christianity is being oppressed or anything like that upsets me, the Sklars were fine with what they said and no god can't be helping both sides when one team wins and the other loses. Tebow sucks as does the NHL lockout. Go Blackhawks.

Great episode, I'm on my third listen.

Tim Tebow had 300 passing yards in a playoff game against the number one ranked defense in the NFL. You guys talk about him like he's Gary Hogeboom or something.

People kill me with this "Tebow's just a humble guy/he's not making himself the center of attention" thing. Dude was in commercial for a Christian org during the Super Bowl. Sandy Koufax sat out to observe his religion, he didn't take out ad time during the most watched event to announce why. Far as I know Koufax didn't go up to people in the middle of a game and say "I was just thinking...our God's a great God isn't he?" or asking if all assembled should pray before taking the Wonderlicht Test. There's a difference between observing your religion and proselytizing non stop.

And the Sklars said nothing even REMOTELY "borderline hateful".

Sign in to follow this