🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Juggermax

Premium Rush

Premium Rush is to cycling culture as Fast and Furious was to douchy car culture.

Despite Michael Shannon being awesome as usual the film was actually pretty silly. Crappy dialogue, plot holes and cheesy bike chases that would only appeal to people that are really serious about biking. So many issues could have been avoided if they just had cars.

• Like 1

YES! This movie is fucking garbage! I agree completely and I have no idea why so many critics liked it. It's soooooo bad! I agree with you for the most part, however, I think Michael Shannon is terrible in this movie.

• Like 1

I agree that this movie was bad, but like a lot of suggestions I see not nearly bad enough to warrant a HDTGM ep.

I felt like this was Taxi but with bikes. It could have been a good movie, bike messenger in NY is a good premise its not pulled off well, which I put down to David Koepp because it wasn't Levit or Shannon.

I haven't seen the movie...but given how much of a push "Scott Jefferies" gave it on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast, I think it's a MUST.

Here's the scene that introduces Michael Shannon:

MS - "Hey I need that envelope back."

JGL - "I can't do that."

MS - "Do you have any loved ones that will miss you if I murder you? Because I'm going to murder you."

I haven't seen the movie...but given how much of a push "Scott Jefferies" gave it on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast, I think it's a MUST.

He did a great sell-job, especially since he hadn't seen the film.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I liked this movie, but I wasn't bored watching either? I kinda liked the moments when he'd visualize different possibilities.

This movie definitely needs to be reviewed. The Bike visions are awesome

I forgot about the bike visions. It was like something out of an ill-conceived television pilot.

I changed my mind, this movie is terrible.

When I first saw the preview for this movie, I thought it looked like hot garbage. Then I noticed it has a 76% on RT, and I was very curious about it. I never explored that further though.... Maybe its like a Crank 2 type of thing.