🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 189 — The Pancake Man

One of our favorite film directors Werner Herzog and one of America’s favorite comedians Chris Fairbanks are here on today’s Comedy Bang Bang! Werner lets us know about his upcoming acting debut and Chris reveals the truth behind pancakes and flapjacks. Will Werner give up directing? Why are pancakes plaguing the nation? Does role play come into a game of Would You Rather? All these questions and more will be answered once you give this episode a listen!

And I will see you at the computer lab at the movies, browsing ThingX.com, wearing my Bonobos, sipping on a Pepsi Next while listening to my Audible.com audio book, but never at the post office.

• Like 3

i love the stamps.com ads that scott's doing, they're really getting their money's worth :)

• Like 1

I cant wait for werner herzogs john grishams the pancake man starring werner herzog as said pancake man and one of the flap jacks the pancake man

• Like 4

I guess Werner forgot that he already made his acting debut (as himself) in "Incident at Loch Ness". Makes sense, since he also forgot the name of the movie he was appearing in with Tom Cruise.

I was just listening to the latest Pod F Tompkast last night wherein Paul mused on creating a series where Garry Marshall and Werner Herzog travel around looking for crytozoological creatures- he should check out "Incidet at Loch Ness" for a partial preview of what that might look like.

• Like 1

I feel like if you sped/pitched Werner Herzog up by 15%, he would become John Malkovich.

• Like 1

We were so close to the return of Dismissive Jimmy Stewart!

• Like 9

I love Chris's closing of the gym floor reference on its own, but then to lead to the return of Aukerman's Jimmy Stewart; incredible.

Also, is anyone else concerned over the severe deflation of Would You Rather Points?

• Like 1

in 2008 i ate Kodiak Cakes on a daily basis, in place of bread if breakfast wasn't what was happening.

no regrets

• Like 1

Werner Herzog's John Grisham's The Pancake Man Starring Werner Herzog as said Pancake Man and one of the Flapjacks:

The Pancake Man

• Like 1

Werner also forgot that he had a pretty significant roll in "Julien Donkey-Boy"

Amazing episode. I think Herzog is my favorite PFT character. Oh, who am I kidding, they're all my favorite.

If Scott sings "Wipe-Out" in every ad from now on, I promise to buy a product or service from every Earwolf sponsor.

• Like 4

IMDb lists 23 acting credits for Mr. Herzog.

I too was hoping to get a teaser about Werner's upcoming project with Garry Marshall, but at the end when they made the time travel jokes I realized that this pre-taped episode probably happened before PFT even finished up the Great Undiscovered Project.

My god, I love a Werner Herzog episode. After a Werner episode, I have his voice in my head for days, making very serious commentary.

Ch-riss plays very nice Ch-aracters.

• Like 1

wow, a character incapable of humor talking to a man who found out he has arthritis. I have so many movie plot ideas swimming around in my head right now. Hey, I wonder if Magic Johnson would be available to play a child prostitute who is roommates with Ben Stein? This premise is gold. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

• Like 1

Is it too much to ask for a one off podcast where Scott and Chris just talk about It's A Wonderful Life the whole time? That would be amazing.

• Like 1

Is it too much to ask for a one off podcast where Scott and Chris just talk about It's A Wonderful Life the whole time? That would be amazing.

Oh yes. I absolutely lost it.

• Like 1

Just another example of why I think a show where multiple people all do impressions of the same person at once would be one of the funniest things ever (see also duelin' Cosbies on I4H and duelin' Johnny Carsons on Sklarbro Country... I think they hit four simultaneous Carsons in one episode.. oh, and duelin' Trumps on Blastoff!)

Werner Herzog's John Grisham's The Pancake Man Starring Werner Herzog as said Pancake Man and one of the Flapjacks:

The Pancake Man

And I hope I'm not reading too much into it, but it sounds like they set up a sequel as well!

Werner Herzog's John Grisham's The Pancake Man Starring Werner Herzog as said Pancake Man and One of the Flapjacks

The Pancake Man 2: Sleepless Nights Spending/Solving Mysteries With Living Statues - A Viking Funeral, Introducing Billy the Effeminate Friend

when is the last time scott fuck-a-man got in a fight with a guest? what happened to that scott sausage-muffin?