🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I just saw this trailer over the weekend and I thought this gem would make a great episode! It was actually made in the 80's but it was never released in America until now. It comes out next Tuesday and they are releasing it on not only dvd and bluray, but also VHS!!! Here's the trailer:

what do you guys think?

• Like 3

I totally agree. I watched this last night with some friends, and it is literally insane. There is so much good material here for Jason, Paul, and June to sink their teeth into . . . it's more amazing than The Room!

• Like 1

Agree with both of you. Watched with coworkers recently and it is ridiculous. The bonus features are pretty great too, none of these guys are actors just black belts which is why the performances are so bad but awesome. Keep your eyes on the 2nd guitarist during the band performances.

• Like 1

There's a good chance you guys know all about this movie, but just in case you don't, here's the deal:

"Miami Connection" is written by, financed by, and stars a Korean Tae Kwon Do instructor who barely speaks any English. The dialogue is beautifully clunky (i.e., "stupid cocaine!") and you cannot understand anything the lead character is saying.

The movie was made in 1987, was shown in 3 theaters, and nearly bankrupted the Tae Kwon Do instructor.

Last year, someone at the Alamo Drafthouse discovered the movie, purchased it from the Tae Kwon Do instructor, and re-released it.

If you haven't watched it yet, I strongly urge you to. This movie ranks with "The Room" and "Troll 2" as an incredibly watchable and enjoyable bad movie.

if you have seen it, please do an episode about it.

Thanks,

Love,

-d

post-25522-0-68074600-1364325531_thumb.jpg

Absolutely one of the best bad movies I've seen since Birdemic and Sleepaway Camp - Its like this was tailor-made FOR HDTGM.

Does it take away from the badness because it seems like its being released again for the campy badness of it all?

Anyways, I could not get past low-budget Oates and his Oates moustache but give him credit - he is just GIVING IT FULL BLAST with no apologies of fuck's given in this movie and on stage.

He totally won me over:

Miami Connection is on Netflix now, so everybody who hasn't seen it needs to get some friends together and watch this thing, it's a really good time. Really perfect for this show too. Lots of hilarious wtf moments, and it's totally entertaining. One of my favorite scenes is where there's a training sequence, which, I'm not sure I can even explain adequately, it's just the most awkward unimpressive demonstration of martial arts skills I've ever seen.

This movie has been mentioned alongside movies like Birdemic and The Room, but in my opinion it's a lot more watchable and entertaining than those films. The music sequences I found legitimately catchy and I've been singing them for weeks.

The plot makes no sense, that or I just could not decipher what the fuck was going on. Our protagonists, Dragon Sound, become the new house band at a club, and this apparently angers like every gang in the city for one reason or another, and they all harass this band and try to kill them. The main gang is a bunch of motorcycle ninja drug lords.

Whether HDTGM does this movie or not you guy should check this out.

• Like 2

The plot makes no sense, that or I just could not decipher what the fuck was going on. Our protagonists, Dragon Sound, become the new house band at a club, and this apparently angers like every gang in the city for one reason or another, and they all harass this band and try to kill them. The main gang is a bunch of motorcycle ninja drug lords.

I love that the movie starts off with a drug deal going wrong, and it leads you to expect that it'll be about a rock-'n'-roll band that fights against drugs using their martial arts skills... but the band never really learns that everybody they're fighting is involved in the drug trade. They just fight people off because they're being attacked, so the drug thing is completely extraneous. (Although it did give us the delightful phrase "stupid cocaine," so there's that.)

Incidentally, Y.K. Kim recently tweeted that he's beginning work on a new movie. I honestly hope he doesn't pull a "Birdemic 2" and try to play it like a joke that he's in on. (Actually, it would be amazing if he ended up making a movie that had nothing to do with martial arts, like doing a romantic comedy or something.)

• Like 3

Ah yes, the magic dies when they're in on the joke. There's nothing quite as riveting as something that's completely bonkers but believes it's totally serious and good.

• Like 2

Miami Connection is the best movie ever made, don't believe me, check out the trailer:

A movie so good it will blow your dick off.

The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida's narcotics trade, annihilating anyone who dares to move in on their turf. Martial arts rock band Dragon Sound has had enough and embarks on a wave of crime-crushing justice.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70259091?locale=en-US&mqso=81000230&titleVideoId=70259091&awmatchtype=b&awnetwork=g&awcreative=27524531348&awkeyword=%2Bmiami%20%2Bconnection%20%2Bnetflix&awposition=1t1&awexpid=&awdevice=c&awcampaignid=121071908&gclid=CNWN5eOA-LcCFchDMgodcVMA0w

The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida's narcotics trade, viciously annihilating anyone who dares move in on their turf. Multi-national martial arts rock band Dragon Sound have had enough, and embark on a roundhouse wreck-wave of crime-crushing justice. When not chasing beach bunnies or performing their hit song "Against the Ninja," Mark (taekwondo master/inspirational speaker Y.K. Kim) and the boys are kicking and chopping at the drug world's smelliest underbelly. It'll take every ounce of their blood and courage, but Dragon Sound can't stop until they've completely destroyed the dealers, the drunk bikers, the kill-crazy ninjas, the middle-aged thugs, the "stupid cocaine"...and the entire MIAMI CONNECTION!!! Written by MiamiConnection

There's already a thread for this movie, and it's only like a couple posts below this one.

This movie oh man.....it will change your life. please to this it will be a very entertaining experience for both you guys and the fans.

There are about 4 different 'Miami Connection' posts already - and I agree its GOLD!

"The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida's narcotics trade, annihilating anyone who dares to move in on their turf. Martial arts rock band Dragon Sound has had enough and embarks on a wave of crime-crushing justice."

Need I say more? Its on Netflix Instant FYI. Your welcome.

Just got the soundtrack. "bikers by day! ninjas by night! steal all ya cocaine, along with your life!"