🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I don't just want this to happen... I need this to happen!!! This movie is beyond awesome! The fight scene at 50:51 mins. Was hilarious!

This would be PERFECT for HDGTM, particularly because of the earnestness of its positive, pro-friendship outlook amidst all the drugs, violence, language and nudity.

• Like 2

I OWN this movie. There are so many movies from the 80's and 90's that fail to live up to the promise of their absurd concept. This is not one of those movies. "Gymkata" WISHES it had this film's level of commitment. And despite how bad the writing and acting are, everyone is giving it their all and I"ll be damned if the fights aren't actually pretty damn good. This is like a martial arts "Streets of Fire" that was willed into existence by a Tae Kwon Do instructor with a dream.

• Like 3

I might be in the minority on this but I think this is a much better watch than Gymkata.

• Like 1

I might be in the minority on this but I think this is a much better watch than Gymkata.

Hey man, all my cats are my favorite, you dig? We don't have to compare everything. I agree with you on a level though, in terms of entertainment value per onscreen minute. For me, Gymkata HDTGM was extremely satisfying because I'd seen it in high school, then later in college had a hell of a time (pre-widespread WWW) trying to remember what the name of the movie was; it's a classic for me personally, and I never would have expected them to do it.

Miami Connection would be great though. I'm honestly surprised it's on Netflix, seeing as how it was pretty recently "discovered". There's been pretty bad copies floating around eMule and torrents for a few years, but it had nowhere near the notoriety or awareness that Gymkata had among b-movie fans. Fun movie! You should all check out The Last Dragon, the two feel similar in terms of the combination of 1980s culture, music, wacky hi-jinx, and kung fu.

• Like 3

so glad this movie found distribution! amazing! has to be a HDTGM.. the most fun I have had watchng a movie on my couch!

FRIENDS FOR ETERNITY!

Miami Connection would be great though. I'm honestly surprised it's on Netflix, seeing as how it was pretty recently "discovered". There's been pretty bad copies floating around eMule and torrents for a few years, but it had nowhere near the notoriety or awareness that Gymkata had among b-movie fans. Fun movie!

When it was re-released it really blew up, I think the fact that it's more fun then groan worthy made it really popular really quickly. When it was screened out here in LA everyone was talking about it, that's how I found out about it.

My friends and I still sing the music numbers from this to each other.

just a taste....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVtyOwcQo-w

I bought the soundtrack and I listen to this track all the time on my ipod. I think it's a really unironically enjoyable catchy song.

• Like 2

I bought the soundtrack and I listen to this track all the time on my ipod. I think it's a really unironically enjoyable catchy song.

There are waaaaaay too many people in that band compared to the backing track right? They can't even mime the song, and it only makes me like it more.

• Like 1

mAIfNK0.jpg

Fuck yeah Cooper font, you know you're in for a good time. I just ordered the 7", hopefully they still have some in stock.

I'm so tempted to buy one of these:

4416285.jpg?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoiaHR0cDovL2QyZHIyN2JobzNoMmR0LmNsb3VkZnJvbnQubmV0LzE0NjIyLzI0MjQ4OTIvNDQxNjI4NS5qcGciLCJDb25kaXRpb24iOnsiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjEzNzkwOTU0NzN9fX1dfQ__&Signature=l9PkLfQVRM-g4Ik1x2axjvlTqbTkun0YO8vCiQgwqAR~i-k4pL7PVtBH5K9nAEx154A43pADz2ZS5HPlwC6n-IffFAtUvUEGo7-vG0UvxmxaQKNj1RAMnjJyFSmqi715w45YMwO6i5OKKVQePbGxMHlD8NiFtG7h2yrc-UnNzawTTSohN30bsmUmA5wzuchZlnwTQtdTi6Ba9GbNaGMvjJ85myuyR8TQHwZ5ub0BkNpFxCc3h09n20rrvxj-UJxhGvD0qXBi-GWyLlIUnib4zDIHnqGHTqRaibL~O-O03eJcJiSErglwgCOmxzKX8a71ic18CUG1DTjY0-sbe0DH2g__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI3RTT3QYB4KW77BA

• Like 1

Where the fuck do I get one of those shirts? I must have it.

http://miamiconnection.org/

If it was a regular T, I think I would get it. I don't think I can actually rock a sleeveless.

Alamo Drafthouse really delivered the goods on this. It'll be interesting to see if they give this treatment to other lost classics in the future. Maybe they can be the Criterion of Z-movies; someone needs to.

FRIENDS FOREVER, ETERNITY LOYALTY. This soundtrack kicks ass.

• Like 3

I don't normally buy stuff online, but I think I might have to now. The Alternate Ending and 2012 Performance really caught my eye.

http://miamiconnection.org/

If it was a regular T, I think I would get it. I don't think I can actually rock a sleeveless.

I can rock a sleeveless for this and this only. My lack of guns will only amplify the preposterous nature of the shirt.

• Like 1

I can rock a sleeveless for this and this only. My lack of guns will only amplify the preposterous nature of the shirt.

Yeah, seeing this movie and the types of dudes that are sporting this shirt made me feel so much better about my ability to pull it off myself. Me and some friends (through eternity, loyalty, honesty...) might try to go as Dragon Sound for Halloween. As of right now, we're exactly 1 Asian guy and a black dude short though. I wonder if my ex's brother is up to anything...

"My mother was Korean...and my father was black-American..."

The magic begins around 0:50...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2NIFM2Emo

I showed this movie to my brother this weekend and he just about lost his fucking mind during this scene.

Then when

dude's father shows up at the end in an out of nowhere anticlimax

the look of disgust/confusion on my brother's face was priceless and I'm pretty sure he was looking for a gun to shoot the tv with.

I got my 7" in the mail today, red vinyl because DRAGON SOUND. The instrumental version of "Against The Ninja" is my jam.

I showed this movie to my brother this weekend and he just about lost his fucking mind during this scene.

Then when

dude's father shows up at the end in an out of nowhere anticlimax

the look of disgust/confusion on my brother's face was priceless and I'm pretty sure he was looking for a gun to shoot the tv with.

I got my 7" in the mail today, red vinyl because DRAGON SOUND. The instrumental version of "Against The Ninja" is my jam.

I wish I got carried around like I won the Super Bowl every time I got a letter from MY dad...

• Like 1

Yeah, seeing this movie and the types of dudes that are sporting this shirt made me feel so much better about my ability to pull it off myself. Me and some friends (through eternity, loyalty, honesty...) might try to go as Dragon Sound for Halloween. As of right now, we're exactly 1 Asian guy and a black dude short though. I wonder if my ex's brother is up to anything...

Strongly considering being the black guy for Halloween. All I need is the Dragon Sound shirt, fake mustache, and wayfarers

tumblr_mkvae8au4h1ru5jm1o1_400.gif

• Like 2