🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Strongly considering being the black guy for Halloween. All I need is the Dragon Sound shirt, fake mustache, and wayfarers

tumblr_mkvae8au4h1ru5jm1o1_400.gif

You could always just be "Off the clock" black guy, where you just walk around shirtless with a towel, constantly opening letters.

• Like 1

You could always just be "Off the clock" black guy, where you just walk around shirtless with a towel, constantly opening letters.

I think there'd be an HR problem at my company's costume party.

I think there'd be an HR problem at my company's costume party.

Yeah, people might get a little upset when you start opening all their mail. Oh wait, the OTHER thing...

• Like 2

DCfjz2N.jpg

If I had more time, I'd replace your phone with a guitar. That's a Hall & Oates original, by the way.

• Like 2

DCfjz2N.jpg

If I had more time, I'd replace your phone with a guitar. That's a Hall & Oates original, by the way.

If I would have thought of it, I would have grabbed my bass guitar and held it incorrectly. It's funny though that this was the Asian guy's brainchild, but he clearly looks like he's never held a musical instrument in his life. That would be like if I wrote a movie where I was supposed to be one of the greatest basketball players in the world, but then you'd see that I couldn't really even dribble worth a damn.

If I would have thought of it, I would have grabbed my bass guitar and held it incorrectly. It's funny though that this was the Asian guy's brainchild, but he clearly looks like he's never held a musical instrument in his life. That would be like if I wrote a movie where I was supposed to be one of the greatest basketball players in the world, but then you'd see that I couldn't really even dribble worth a damn.

During any given Dragon Sound performance, there's like five people playing guitars.

And none of them are plugged in.

Edit: Now I think you should grow a mustache. Looks pretty suave on you.

During any given Dragon Sound performance, there's like five people playing guitars.

And none of them are plugged in.

Edit: Now I think you should grow a mustache. Looks pretty suave on you.

There DID look to be at least like 9 guys playing guitar at any time, even if we only ever HEARD 2 or 3.

I can't really grow much of a 'stache. I get a pretty wicked Don Johnson stubble going though, so I think what I need is THAT, and maybe the hair back that I had here in "Promised Land". I'm directly to the left of Titus Welliver...

1016501_10100147721991216_404313597_n.jpg

Imagine a musical band of martial artists who are forced to take on a group of motorcycle ninjas. They don't want to, in fact they sing songs about friendship, but when push comes to shove, and a rival band gets pissed that you've stolen their gig, shit gets real. This movie is so much better than the sum of it's parts. Script, acting, full taekwondo demonstration, complete songs, it's all next level, surreal, hilarious. It's amazing and it's on Netflix streaming.

• Like 1

tumblr_mvki4z2ZUg1qzhnn1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvki4z2ZUg1qzhnn1o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mvki4z2ZUg1qzhnn1o2_500.jpg

Happy Halloweeeeeen!

Oh my shit, you are the hero the Earwolf forums deserve. Thank your for your loyalty, honesty, and also fighting against the ninja.

• Like 2

This costume took months of preparation; constantly telling everyone I knew to watch Miami Connection so I wouldn't have to explain who I was on Halloween.

• Like 2

This costume took months of preparation; constantly telling everyone I knew to watch Miami Connection so I wouldn't have to explain who I was on Halloween.

Sometimes that's the best way to go though. One year for Halloween, I just walked around in jeans and a black t-shirt that said "Vince" while carrying around a pool cue. I think like 8 people got it. The others? If they didn't know, I just didn't need them in my life anyway...

Maybe next year I'll be mortally wounded Jim in a beautiful lawyer suit.

That reminds me, I'm sure it's already been mentioned in this or any of the other Miami Connection threads that have popped up, but in case it hasn't, the picture of the dad that Jim shows before his speech, and the guy who shows up at the end are NOT THE SAME PERSON. How hard would it have been to take a picture of the actual actor playing the dad to use for that scene?

• Like 1

That reminds me, I'm sure it's already been mentioned in this or any of the other Miami Connection threads that have popped up, but in case it hasn't, the picture of the dad that Jim shows before his speech, and the guy who shows up at the end are NOT THE SAME PERSON. How hard would it have been to take a picture of the actual actor playing the dad to use for that scene?

I haven't seen the Blu-Ray to know if it's covered at all in any of the behind-the-scenes material, but here are some theories I have:

- There was a horrible on-set accident, leading to the original actor in the picture being incapacitated in some way, resulting in the need to use "Crow"-like technology to digitally add the face to the stand-in at the end, but that technology wouldn't be available for like 7 more years. It's the only reasonable explanation for why the guy at the end was delivering his lines so blandly, so emotionless. He was just a PA or something!

- The guy in the picture was holding Kim up for more money, and Kim refused, thinking he was calling the guy's bluff. No dice.

- The scene at the end came first and there originally WAS no monologue! This would explain why it was SO heavy-handed, so on-the-nose, like how when you're watching it, you just know this dude's dad HAS to show up at the end. To paraphrase a comment I made earlier this week in another thread: "If you introduce the Black-American father in the first act...". Anyway, by the time it came time to film that extra scene, the original actor had moved on to his next gig and was unavailable, but it was a small price to pay, because we ended up with one of those classic scenes that was made up on the fly that we hear so much about on entertainment websites that run lists of such things!

• Like 1

A Miami Connection live episode would be the best Christmas gift I could possibly ask for.

I would LOVE for them to review this movie, but am worried they are tired of the super low budget, first time film maker, style movies (ie birdemic, the room). It would be hilarious but they haven't done this type of "bad" in a while and wonder if they want to return to it.

http://www.avclub.com/article/paul-scheer-picks-his-favorite-ihow-did-this-get-m-92111

AVC: I had to stop watching Birdemic after about 20 minutes because it made me feel like I was exploiting the man’s delusions, or I was complicit in that exploitation.

PS: Me too. Truthfully, I did too, and that’s why we, for the most part, stay away from movies like that, because there are plenty of movies out there like that.