🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Your Super Mario Brothers podcast was great, so I'd like to recommend you do a video game movies run. Street Fighter (you haven't done a Van Damme movie yet? FOR SHAME), Mortal Kombat and maybe Double Dragon. All of these movies are FUCKING NUTS and would make for a great show. And House of the Dead as well, but that is a Uwe Boll movie so maybe it's too easy. But it is absolutely one of the best terrible movies I've ever seen. So... think about it?

"Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" would be even better. The first one was dumb, but it was fine for what it was. The second one tried to jam in about a hundred different characters, each with about 2 minutes of screen time, and was just fucking stupid. It's probably the worst film I've ever seen in a theater, and I actually saw it in the theater the same day as I saw what's probably my favorite movie ever, "Boogie Nights", at the same theater. The universe has a crazy way of balancing itself out like that.

Paul has mentioned that he is having John Lajoie come on and that he was wanting to to a Van Dam movie, so fingers crossed that it's Street Fighter.

The first MK was a good movie in that it knew what its source material was at that time. Mortal Kombat had some backstory as to why the characters were fighting, but for the most part it was just a violent fighting game with various characters. By the time the second movie came out, the game developers had created such a mythology by the third game so the movie makers felt that they had to cram so much of that into an 1 1/2 hour movie, which worked on zero levels. It also didn't help in that only two of the original stars came back for the sequel (honestly, how do you replace Christopher Lambert with James Remar?).

I agree that Uwe Boll is an easy target, though I could see them doing an episode on Alone in the Dark, as that may be his most infamous mainstream movie before he became a total joke in the movies that he was making. Another horrible game movie that could be done is Wing Commander which only got media attention because it was the movie that had the first trailer for Star Wars Episode 1, and even then the movie couldn't break even at the box office.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is straight up garbage. Would be a good choice, seriously people watch how bad it is!

well, i can think of one movie doom was horrible and the Hitman with Timothy Olyphant was ok, not great.. never seen Mortal Kombat.. On first viewing of Hitman I swear at the screen, I was so upset with how unlike the game it was.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is straight up garbage. Would be a good choice, seriously people watch how bad it is!

There aren't a lot of things I SPECIFICALLY remember, but there was a pretty great/not-great-at-all exchange after Sub-Zero, who was apparently killed in the last film, beats a guy. It goes something like this.

"But you can't be Sub-Zero, he's dead."

"I'm not, I'm Sub-Zero's brother."

If I remember correctly, it's left at that, and we never...see him...again. The movie is FULL of half-realized ideas or plots like that, which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to the further adventures of Jeff-Zero.

Sign in to follow this