🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 2 — Roll For Your Fate

Get your dicks out America… the Dungeons & Dragons rollicking adventure continues. The group finds themselves stowed away on a pleasure cruise with swashbuckling hot chicks as their captors. The dimmest of the bunch, Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), volunteers to hurt someone and the group weighs whether they need a more stealth approach. Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), a half elf warlock, does reconnaissance with the dungeon master’s (Scott Robison) helpful world building. After gaining intel Martha Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), Bartho Shett (Ken Daly), Ell Ryan (Gerry Duggan) and the rest of the gang weapon up. They’re an odd bunch, to be sure, but they work together to find out the truth of their surroundings. And Penn St. jokes happen. It’s a blast of fun and the story is only beginning.

I know that Star Trek TNG had a long loop of engine ambience in the background. Does this show have a subtle breathing loop? I can hear it pretty much the whole time if I listen with headphones.

On a related note, I do not recommend listening with headphones.

• Like 1

Without spoiling anything, the end is hilarious/insane. I hope there are a lot more "That was the right call, right?" moments in the story.

• Like 5

2 for 2 on the awesome so far. Love it.

Also on a side note I do listen to the show with headphones and I don't have any problem at all. My problem is that I end up laughing out loud like a crazy person and that always draws a few looks. But, it is totally worth it. This podcast makes me look forward to Wednesdays. Thank you.

Feel like I've been waiting longer than I actually was for this. Yay, new episode!

• Like 1

This is a great podcast. A different format and I have never played DnD so it's nice to learn a little about it with creative funny people playing it out.

Such ungentlemanly behavior.

It's as if all your characters have an enchanted broadsword of +5 Virginity.

This is one of my favorite earwolf podcast now! I loooove D&D skirmishes ever since I listened to the Penny-Arcade + Wil Wheaton adventures. This one so far is gold. GOLD. I'd love to see some crudely drawn portraits of all your characters by each person! Make it happen! Or at least the dick maps. All the dick maps.

• Like 2

I love this podcast. The story is legitimately really interesting. What is going on? Can't wait for the next one!

Also, I laughed a lot at this podcast, but I think my favorite thing from this episode when whenever they made fun of Posehn's "military experience."

Did the group ever say what their character alignments are? I don't even know if alignments stayed the same through 4th Ed. (I only played up through AD&D 2nd Ed.)

I suppose a person could try and guess. Based on the sessions so far, I'm guessing lots of chaotics, lots of neutrals and evils, not a whole lot of lawful and/or goods.

This is my new favorite podcast. The ending of this podcast was perfect.

I can't wait for the next episode. :):P:lol: :lol: :)

Great episode. Yet another can't-miss podcast.

I'm genuinely loving the story the DM is creating, by the way. The twists and turns are genuinely interesting, which was thoroghly unexpected.

This has immediately shot up to low single digits on the favorite list. Episode two was as good as one, love the way the story is moving and all of the characters are awesome. Blackie Green and his 19 CHR kicks some smooth-talking ass.

Love this podcast! I run my own business and have had time to enjoy a ton of RPG actual play podcasts. There are several that keep me coming back week after week, but I have been waiting for a talented group of professionals to give it a whirl! And boy do you all deliver! Well done!

One thing for you to keep in mind, with a one hour podcast 4e combat can dominate entire episodes. I would recommend trying to limit longer combats to ONE singular episode. (no matter if it goes well over hour limit) Let story and role-play have the rest.

So far the podcast is fantastic and I look forward to many many more.

• Like 2

One thing for you to keep in mind, with a one hour podcast 4e combat can dominate entire episodes. I would recommend trying to limit longer combats to ONE singular episode. (no matter if it goes well over hour limit) Let story and role-play have the rest.

I agree. I wouldn't mind if the episode went over, especially if it keeps the action from being split up for a full week.

I love this podcast already.

Very tempted to totally ignore this podcast until it's all finished then pull a podcastathon and listen to them all at once.

Awesome podcast. I've listened to several "real" d&d podcasts and this blows them away.

For the record I laughed so hard at this episode I had to pause it. "I put her in a sleeper.. it's an old soldier move guys"

Man..