🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 124.5 — Sklarbro County 29

Wayne Federman shows off his keyboard skills on today’s Sklarbro County! He talks about second acting his way into Broadway shows, the process behind writing Pete Maravich: The Authorized Biography of Pistol Pete, and his love for fast food. Dan Van Kirk brings us some crazy stories for us to break down such as; a 33-year-old woman trying to suffocate her boyfriend to death with her breasts, Washington police arrest a man for shooting his neighbor & find alligators, and Drive-In sex booths to open in Zurich, Switzerland. Plus, Bruce Jenner left us a voicemail of himself calling a Chico’s. Be sure to get your tickets for A Very Federman Christmas 4 December 17th at Largo in Los Angeles!

Wayne unwittingly using "Henderson" as a random last name in a fictional legal case was pretty amazing.

• Like 1

Great episode guys, as usual. Keep it up.

One small point.

Chipotle is not McDonalds. McDonalds was the majority investor in Chipotle from 1998 until the company went public in 2006. After Chipotle's initial public offering in 2006, McDonalds fully divested from Chipotle, selling its shares for $1.5 billion.

People often point to this as a sign of Chipotle's hypocrisy or their true identity as a corporate puppet that trades environmental causes. But, actually, its previous relationship with McDonalds was a positive thing.

Steve Ells, the CEO and founder, adamantly insists on the company's commitment to local, organic, sustainably produced, and humanely raised foods. It's a real thing, and it definitely increases Chipotle's food costs, trimming the already tight profit margins on a $7 burrito. They can't realistically provide 100% organic all the time, but what they can provide within the limits of market forces is pretty impressive.

To tie it all up, Chipotle can do this because they learned supply chain management and gained considerable supplier connections from McDonalds. Chipotle learned from the best, albeit somewhat evil, restaurant company and used its forces for good.

By the way, I don't work for Chipotle or anything. I just researched them for a finance paper last year.

Another reason I love the casual format of County... that sideline fast food conversation with Wayne was hilarious! I learned so much about why I need to up my calorie intake, guys!

So are these real prank calls you guys are making? I'm gonna be honest with you, I think I'm gonna start skipping over them. Prank calls always seem incredibly awkward to me, and I can't help but think how I would feel as the person on the other end of that call having to be put through a ridiculous situation for the sake of your comedy.

So are these real prank calls you guys are making? I'm gonna be honest with you, I think I'm gonna start skipping over them. Prank calls always seem incredibly awkward to me, and I can't help but think how I would feel as the person on the other end of that call having to be put through a ridiculous situation for the sake of your comedy.

Feel free to do what you want, but they've all been hilarious so far and haven't been malevolent towards the person on the other end of the line in any way.

Something about how unforced, genuinely engaging this County was made it brilliant, one of the best ever - I hope I don't develop a lifelong facial twitch from listening with such antic facial grimacing as the foil Federman was led on such a twisted ride.

Sign in to follow this