🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 51 — Liz and Dick

Silly question, but how can I watch this without paying $14.99 on Amazon Instant? Basically, I don't really want to pay for this garbage. Call me cheap, but I don't want to be paying for Lindsey's little habits.

While I understand your concerns, this episode made me (i) buy the movie on amazon and (ii) register here. Pretty sure if you're a prime member at amazon you can stream it for free. I don't have streaming capacity, so I went ahead and bought it and I can't WAIT to watch it. I'm not normally a fan of "bad tv" -- although my best friend is a connoisseur of the genre -- but this sounds simply irresistable.

While I'm here, I want to thank Jason for his turn on Jordan Jesse GO, which was how I heard of this podcast, which has already provided me with hours of enjoyment. I suggested this weekend to a film director who is a good friend of my best friend that he too listen to it, and he winced and said, "I feel bad, because I know what goes into making a movie..." I assured him that he would enjoy it as much as I do, and I'm hoping he takes me up on the suggestion.

Great episode! Drew was an awesome guest: funny and well-prepared. Definitely made the show one of my favorites!

EDIT: 30 Seconds in and it's already amazing.

I don't know if you're talking about The Hobbit or Liz & Dick. I'm gonna go with Liz & Dick.

I don't know if you're talking about The Hobbit or Liz & Dick. I'm gonna go with Liz & Dick.

:lol:

I was in fact talking about Liz & Dick.

Though, for the record, I loved the Hobbit. The critical response is pretty baffling.

• Like 1

The funniest part of this episode was when Drew apologized to Jason for cutting him off. He's obviously not familiar with the format.

Funny/Sad article about Lohan's latest "project":

It was true, Schrader had broken his promise, but this was Hollywood. Manipulating someone like Scott — or Lohan — was his vocation. Still, it wouldn’t be easy. At their second meeting, Lohan complained to Schrader about a biopic she was shooting for Lifetime, in which she played Elizabeth Taylor, one of her role models. She proclaimed the director a jerk, her co-star a nightmare and the crew unfriendly. On it went. Schrader listened for a while. He looked stricken. He softly tapped his balding head on the table. Lohan asked him what was the matter.

“That’s going to be me in two months. You’re going to turn on me.”

The actress touched his arm softly. “C’mon, Paul. That won’t happen.”

He chose to believe her. That summer, he developed a pet line to steel the less brave.

“We don’t have to save her,” Schrader said. “We just have to get her through three weeks in July.”

A month later, Schrader would be standing naked in a Malibu bedroom, missing his dogs and trying to coax Lohan out of her robe.

Turns out three weeks can be a very long time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/magazine/here-is-what-happens-when-you-cast-lindsay-lohan-in-your-movie.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0&pagewanted=all

Another instance of badly needing to "Norbit it up": got through watching The Tudors on netflix. I was really looking forward to the last season seeing Johnathen Rhys Meyers playing old jowly Henry VIII.

Never happened! They barely put old people makeup on anyone! He just hunches over and talks in a gravely voice while looking almost the same as when he was supposed to be 30! It was like in Back to the Future where they did a decent job making everyone look old in 1985 except for George McFly who they just threw glasses on.

I was expecting Old Biff, but Tudors gave me George McFly.

Norbit it up, Hollywood.

• Like 1

this movie is so bad that I'm surprised Richard Burton hasn't risen from the dead just to throw liquor bottles at the people responsible. I actually hoped that it would be bad in a hilarious, campy way, but instead it's just hideously awkward, cheesy and cheap. As Lohan croaks at one point, "I'M SO BORED!"

The story of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton really needs a HBO miniseries, because it's impossible to cram twenty-plus years of high drama into a 90-minute Lifetime movie.