🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 3 — In Search of Gear

More of the mysterious ship is unraveled as the gang moves forward in their adventure. Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), Bartho Shett (Ken Daly), Ell Ryan (Gerry Duggan) are lead by the dungeon master (Scott Robison) as they search high and low for their gear. Will they take the stealthy route or go out guns blazing? Oh yeah, there will be nudity.

• Like 1

OK I just started listening to this episode but I'm confused....

I thought they were on their way to look for the weapons through that barred door.

And I thought they were on their original cruise ship not a pontoon? I thought this was verified last time. And that there was a lot of crew and soldiers on deck... WTF?

Does this get resolved or should I just forget everything that happened before?

EDIT: I just realized this may be the nerdiest thing I have ever said in my life. Ever. Also I didn't realize there was such a gap between recording these episodes, so all is forgiven and I'll get my dick out now. Thanks!

Maybe if this keeps going, Sark can listen to the podcast of the previous episode before he starts to get freshened up.

• Like 1

I noticed from ep1 to ep2 there was a slight hiccup in continuty. They established in ep2 they were not on their ship but on an attatchment (referred to as a pontoon) to a much larger ship. I believe the crew/guards are no longer on deck as they went below in search of the missing captives.

Amazed it was Ell Ryan that engaes in the 1st actual combat instead of Amarth Amon.

Bring back the original Blackee Green!

Hahahahahaha... Nerd Poker continuity nerds! This adds a whole second level of hilarity. Best podcast ever!

Also, not hating... because I've noticed these things too. I include myself in the nerddom.

edit...

I've just read up on the 1 YEAR gap between recording ep1 & 2 so I take back all the things I blasted about continuity mistakes.

Now, when do we see Amarth & co. cross over with Sharpie Buttsalot?!?!

I'm such a big fan of this show. The ability to get off track with bits and riffing reminds me a great deal of the group I used to play with.

Here's a thought: What if they got guests (Patton and others) who play D+D but can't commit to weekly to come in as one off characters? My old group had people who couldn't always make it but still want to play and he would find ways to work them in and out of the story.

• Like 5

So I get the sense that a lot of listeners play d&d too. Who wants to share crazy stories?

The group I play with has, not once but twice, decided to befriend the evil ass dragon we were going to fight. My character has also inadvertent broken an unconscious man's ribs by trying to nudge him awake, only to roll a natural 20.

AHH Im so lame it took me 3 week to figure out what "nerd poker" means. This podcast made me go down to my local game shop to find a D&D group.

The only change I would like to see is when it comes to the commercials. Let Brian off his leash and just let him do the commercials like he normally speaks, and maybe have some of the other guys (Blacky Green) do some reads.

• Like 1

As someone who LOVES D&D and pretty much anything fantasy related, I really appreciate that Brian & co are doing this. I haven't played in years but this is rekindling my interest in starting up again. I love that they're sharing crazy stories from games past now, too. My favorite character so far is probably Blackee Green. I've always played tough characters, but now I'm starting to think it might be fun to just play one with insanely high charisma. Keep it up, guys!

Another awesome episode.

Allow me to be the biggest nerd in the room. When making a skill check (such as their attempt to break down the door), you can get 'help' from up to 4 other people. One player makes the attempt (in this case your strongest player), and everyone else makes an assist roll. Assist rolls just need to hit a flat DC 10 on their skill check, and each successful attempt adds a +2 to the roll of the person making the actual skill check to complete the task.

So in this case, if Ell Ryan had made a succesful assist, Amarth Amon could add +2 to whatever STR modifier he was already adding to his roll.

PS - "It's not really a bear, it's just a guy who looks like Steve Agee." I almost pissed myself, remember poor Steve Agee giving Jon Hamm a ride at the CBB Nativity Pagent. So if the party needs a steed....

Would it have been possible to cast some kind of "detect enchantment" dealy on the corpses?

Nice work gentlemen! I really like the your approach to pacing these podcasts. You are playing to your strengths with the commercials, crazy old DnD segment, and breaking when appropriate. Take advantage of these as regular bits! In role-playing terms put the spotlight on the funny, with Tv-show style editing. As long as I am tossing in my two cents, keep that hour glass around. I don't envy the Scott trying to herd these cats, by try to remind these professionals that this is being recorded and to stay on task as best as they can. And still get naked.

One other side note to Scott. Keep your 4.5 style. It works. It took us about 3 months to get 4e rules down tight, (combat, difficulty checks etc) and we haven't picked up a rulebook at the table since. Make a judgement call on most things and just roll the dice. You are doing great.

Lastly, you guys ROCK HARD and I can't wait for next week!

• Like 1

This was a great episode and it finally included a fight! That was pretty fun to listen to.

Looking forward to the next episode!

• Like 1

I just wanted to stop in and mention how much I'm enjoying this podcast. I love comedians and role playing games and this is fucking sweet nectar to me. I can't wait to hear the progression of the campaign (and more of Blaine). My only question, which may have been answered at some point but I'm not going to look for it because I've been drinking, do you think a season is going to be a campaign? Or are they going to do quick campaigns or will the campaign go on for as long as it needs to? Just wondering.

I probably won't remember posting this tomorrow but I'll eventually check back.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this