🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 19 — Keeping Your Cool

Host of the Guys With Feelings podcast, regular on Sklarbro Country/County, and father Jason Nash joins Jeff this week to discuss fatherhood. Jason talks about his relationship with his father, why it’s always better to be nice to other parents’ kids, and his movie Jason Nash Is Married.  He also tells us about the importance of keeping your cool, finding himself saying “Who’s kid is this?” on a regular basis, and being afraid of his children growing up to not have the drive to do things on their own.

It seems like everyone who has 2 kids that I talk with has the same dynamic between them where the first one is shy/sensitive and the second one is secure/independent/ambitious. It's like that with my kids and it was funny to hear that Jason's are the same way.

Also, in honor of Jason's new movie.......Maaa Wife!

Is Maa Wife happening in here too?! I can't escape it!

I have four kiddos and all but one are ambitious little socialites who wear their emotions on their sleeves. The third has aspergers and expresses a level of honestly with everyone around him that I can't begin to explain.

We should all try to remember to let our little ones be their own person. They need us to be there to guide and help articulate their feelings. It is helpful to get into their level of experience... not expect them to come to ours. Finally, they need a loving guide in this world... that takes time and true attention.

Sign in to follow this