🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jtoddles

the hobbit

yeah i said it

tho honestly?

yeah, 3 hours is way too fucking long, on second thought, just go do something better with your evening/day/whatever

and yes, i loved LOTR, extended cuts and theatrical cuts

but this was just to fucking long, hokey, and FUCK 48FPS

I disagree with all points. While I can understand some peoples' gripes with this movie, The Hobbit has no place on this podcast.

Yeah, it definitely has some problems, but I think even if you didn't like it, it doesn't have that special whatsit to make it HDTGM material.

There's really zero question as to how this got made, so not such a good fit.

Forget 3D, I needed to score some magic mushrooms that would of given me the power to enjoy this film. or some of Gandalf Wacky Tobacky or what ever he's smokes in that pipe. This movie was way too dam long and btw I did read the hobbit and this could of been clearlly made into one movie to tell this full story. after seeing this movie i have mean thinking to my self. they MADE THREE OF THESE! good god. I also find my self thinking about Ian McKellen and his methed of acting from the HBO tv show Extras. if you have not seen it, just goto amazon and buy a copy of the full season one to three, you'll thank me later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOrUgt4nys

I would of disagresed with this being recommended for HDTGM but after watching From Justin To Kelly I would take anything over that horrible movie, even a good movie.

It was LOTR with some new characters and scored the same for similar scenes.

It was entertaining yet a bit too long. Considering The Hobbit is shorter than all of the LOTR books making it into 3 movies is obscene, I think Tolkien would even agree and that man is the KING of too much detail!

It's definitely not HDTGM worthy though.

To be fair, I guess he's padding it out with stuff from The Silmarillion, but honestly I think 2 movies would have done it just fine.

Sign in to follow this