🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jeffullrich

Jeff Q&A

I think the Analyze Phish episodes need their own playlist from the podcast drop-down menu rather than being hidden amongst all the other 'Earwolf Presents' specials, so they can be easier to find...

You read our minds...working on it...soon, when the next ep drops!

• Like 2

How about a lighter style question: is there anything coming up that you can talk about? Give us a forum exclusive!

Unfortunately not. This isn't exactly a secret place. If I let myself, I'd announce everything hear as soon as possible, I have no patience. But that's not a good idea, we have to build relationships with journalists. Sorry. I do share a ton of info here though, it's just not breaking news.

OK, this is hugely trivial, but...

What happens when an ad break is taken? Do the hosts and guests sit in silence while the ad plays in real-time, or are they faded out and chat amongst themselves? Or does the engineer just mark an edit point and put in the advert clip later?

• Like 1

OK, this is hugely trivial, but...

What happens when an ad break is taken? Do the hosts and guests sit in silence while the ad plays in real-time, or are they faded out and chat amongst themselves? Or does the engineer just mark an edit point and put in the advert clip later?

It's been done a bunch of different ways throughout the past few years, but as of now, we take the breaks and then record the ads after the show is over and the guests have left and they are put in later. That way the hosts can take their time with them and the guests don't have to sit and listen.

• Like 1

Not yet, sorry. It won't be long yet though!

Thanks for all the kind words!

I hope it's the young/old comic Don Rickles + Harris Wittels pairing.

I hope it's the young/old comic Don Rickles + Harris Wittels pairing.

When did I talk about that? It's an old ass idea. Never materialized. New show announcement might be coming tomorrow, waiting to find out. It goes live at 11:59pm PST on Wednesday!

• Like 2

When did I talk about that? It's an old ass idea. Never materialized. New show announcement might be coming tomorrow, waiting to find out. It goes live at 11:59pm PST on Wednesday!

God I'm excited! I have never seen Jeff talk this much about something. It must be awesome.

Now let's have fun. What's your favourite TV show?

I'm pretty normal when it comes to TV. In no particular order:

• The Wire
  • 30 Rock
  • Mad Men
  • Breaking Bad
  • Parks & Rec
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Key & Peele
  • Pawn Stars
  • Shark Tank

Very excited about the new news

Also, I know it was in works a while ago and didn't go through, bu is there a chance of Mr. Blow (the Mr Show podcast) ever happening? Even as an Earwolf Presents?

Very excited about the new news

Also, I know it was in works a while ago and didn't go through, bu is there a chance of Mr. Blow (the Mr Show podcast) ever happening? Even as an Earwolf Presents?

Unfortunately not. That's dead forever (I think).

I'm pretty normal when it comes to TV. In no particular order:

• The Wire
  • 30 Rock
  • Mad Men
  • Breaking Bad
  • Parks & Rec
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Key & Peele
  • Pawn Stars
  • Shark Tank

Woah, that's almost every show I promised myself to watch and never got around to.

Woah, that's almost every show I promised myself to watch and never got around to.

Told you I was normal!

• Like 1

Can a man be freakishly normal?

"My favourite food? Pizza, of course! And my favourite movie is the Godfather. Hey buddy, working hard or hardly working! Haha!"

Our homepage doesn't work well right now. We have to address it soon (but we've been really busy with other stuff). The way it works though is that every new show is on the homepage, but the biggest shows on in the featured slider instead of the list below. So check that out. We aren't trying to get anyone to make extra clicks, it just doesn't work they way we thought when we made the change and have to change it again. Thanks for the question!

i think the earwolf site is great. i love the way all guests and hosts are cross-referenced for appearances and photos, and the interface is very clean and simple. so whatever else you may be fixing in the future, i hope you'll be keeping the overall feel of the site the same :)

quick question...earwolf shows have ventured up to Canada on the west coast, but how about some love for us east coast fans? i saw Paul F Tompkins at Just For Laughs in Montreal last year, but would love to see a live Who Charted, CBB, or HDTGM in Toronto or Montreal!

What's the ETA on Eric the formerly paid intern helming his own show and eventually usurping Scott as creative head of Earwolf?

• Like 1

The last season of Mr. Show was in 1998. Are there any plans for a 15 year anniversary episode on Comedy Bang Bang or Earwolf?

Here's something I've been wondering about. I always stream the episodes straight from the Earwolf site. Is that bad, sponsor-wise? Would it be better if I downloaded each podcast episode from itunes in order that my listening to the podcast would show up in the actual numbers for number of downloads? Or is there some way to count the number of times each episode is streamed from the site as well?

And this...http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2013/01/16/earwolf-podcasts-video/1839169/