🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jeffullrich

Jeff Q&A

And this...http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2013/01/16/earwolf-podcasts-video/1839169/

Something I haven't seen clarified anywhere: Are the videos going to delivered as the regular weekly audio-only podcasts, or are they a separate entity altogether?

Imagine if poor Andy Daly had to leap out of the first floor Earwolf window 7-10 times in a row for the sake of the viewing audience...

• Like 1

Something I haven't seen clarified anywhere: Are the videos going to delivered as the regular weekly audio-only podcasts, or are they a separate entity altogether?

Imagine if poor Andy Daly had to leap out of the first floor Earwolf window 7-10 times in a row for the sake of the viewing audience...

I think it will be a mix, but most will probably be released later as a regular episode. We're still figuring out the details. And I have no sympathy for Andy Daly, he steals our bathroom keys.

• Like 4

That can be a new CBB game to draw in the youtube viewers: "What's in Jeff Ullrich's Mouth?"

Is that a lemon in your mouth? Cause it looks like a lemon.

Pineapple. At the time I created this account, it was the only known picture of me. I should probably change it.

Will the Vancouver live episode be part of the Video Podcast Network? And if not will it be released as a regular episode or sold in the store?

What do you plan to put in your mouth for the next picture?

Your donation of $100 or more!

• Like 1

Will you be eating any pineapple on the upcoming video podcasts?

• Like 1

Wait, I have a real question now. When will Earwolf Radio play more than just the first episodes of all the Earwolf podcasts? Every time I tune in it's the premiere episode of one of the shows and never seems to get to a second one.

I am curious if Jeff has heard about the patent lawsuit filed against Adam Carolla and what that means for all podcasting?

I am sure that Earwolf has nothing to worry about -- they must be well protected by both patents and oswalts from Legal Zoom.

• Like 1

Patent trolls are pretty fucking awful, but moreso the patent system which allows this kind of shit. Hey gang, everybody better stop talking, cuz I hold the patent on arranging words in sequence as a means of expressing complex thoughts.

• Like 2

Why did you decide to put the little earwolf logos in all the show logos. I guess it bugged me a bit for the first couple days in logos like the Fogelnest Files were it's a bit distracting but I got over it pretty quickly and think it looks fine now. Although I would still like to know for curiosities sake.

Who did the opening animation for the CBB on the VPN?

First of all Jeff, I'd like to give you a compliment. Here is said compliment: I think it's great that you take the time out to respond to so many questions from the fans on the forum, no matter how mundane they may be. It's swell that there's somebody making the effort to communicate with us and maintain a good relationship with us, it goes a long way and it shows that you care. It certainly reflects your attitude and professionalism, even when just answering which foods you like. End of compliment.

I got a couple questions for you, and you're probably backed up enough as it is so no real hurry.

For "By The Way" I know I heard that Garlin already had previously recorded these conversations, so is his podcast a "limited run" so to speak where the podcast ends after he posts all the conversations he's already had, or do you know of any plan to have more conversations to continue on?

Also, forgive me if this is obvious because I just haven't done the research, but is there a physical address you can give out for the Earwolf studios? I'd like to write and send out some physical hand-written fan-mail to a couple folks. And to follow that up, would each person have a separate 'area' or address to specify, or could I just send something into the main office with the person's name on it and trust that it will get where it needs to be?

Thank you for your time and keep up all the wonderful work at Earwolf.

i think the earwolf site is great. i love the way all guests and hosts are cross-referenced for appearances and photos, and the interface is very clean and simple. so whatever else you may be fixing in the future, i hope you'll be keeping the overall feel of the site the same :)

quick question...earwolf shows have ventured up to Canada on the west coast, but how about some love for us east coast fans? i saw Paul F Tompkins at Just For Laughs in Montreal last year, but would love to see a live Who Charted, CBB, or HDTGM in Toronto or Montreal!

Leor! Thanks for the kind words about the website. We won't change anything too drastically I don't think, and honestly I don't know how quickly we'll even be able to make small changes.

As far as visiting Eastern Canada, I can assure you we have nothing against that part of the wonderful world. One thing that is hard for us is out-of-town shows. It's a ton of work for little or no money. Having said that, there is nothing that we enjoy more than being in front of the people who love what we do. It's just really hard. Maybe one day we'll hire someone just for live shows, but I don't think it would come close to paying for itself (ignoring any profit motive, which we wouldn't really have for this situation anyway since the benefit would be in doing it.

When is the new Analyze Phish episode going to be released?

I missed the boat on this answer, sorry. For what it's worth, I didn't know the answer when you posted this question.

What's the ETA on Eric the formerly paid intern helming his own show and eventually usurping Scott as creative head of Earwolf?

It's likely to happen any day now...

The last season of Mr. Show was in 1998. Are there any plans for a 15 year anniversary episode on Comedy Bang Bang or Earwolf?

The only plans we have are for the 25 year anniversary special. So soon :).

Here's something I've been wondering about. I always stream the episodes straight from the Earwolf site. Is that bad, sponsor-wise? Would it be better if I downloaded each podcast episode from itunes in order that my listening to the podcast would show up in the actual numbers for number of downloads? Or is there some way to count the number of times each episode is streamed from the site as well?

Thanks for caring! But you don't have to worry. We have one filed hosted and served from the same place regardless of where it is accessed. Anytime someone hits play or download, anywhere, it shows as a hit on the server against the file. So it's not something to worry about!

This is tricky to answer because we don't really know. It will depend. We're trying to figure out how that stuff should work and we just don't have enough info yet to know what makes the most sense.

Poor Andy Daly...