🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 191 — 2012 Holiday Spectacular

It’s that time of year where you try to not get burned when roasting chestnuts over an open fire and have the whole family gather round the ol’ computer for a special holiday podcast treat! Scott welcomes fan favorite Harris Wittels as he tells us about his new book/stocking stuffer Humblebrag: The Art of False Modesty and showcases a brand new edition of Harris’ Foam Corner. Bjork, Neil Young, and Billy Braggart serenade us with some holiday cheer and Paul Rust has a couple of New Ho Ho Hos for us. Ice-T gives us a history lesson on Santa Claus and Bill Cosby-Bukowski makes up a holiday themed Jelloem. Then first timer Liz joins in on the festivities to talk about her new reality show “Publicity.” Merry Christmas!

NEW NO NO: no more saying no to more new no nos

• Like 2

Now is about the time of year were I re-listen to all the CBB Christmas episodes, because they are some of the best episodes of the podcast and I'm glad this is joining my CBB Christmas marathon list.

Besser sang a two of his songs off of the CDR 2009 Christmas CD which I just bought but I loved them so I didn't mind especially since Bjork and Liz were so awesome together. It is awesome to have Kroll on the show because of how rarely he has been on lately. Speaking of which Ice-T, Bill Cosby-Bukowski, and Harris were back who also haven't been on in forever.

Also surprised and thrilled to see Rusty back on doing New No Nos which I am excited to see become a regular feature of the podcast.

Great episode looking forward to the best of's (hope that Scavenge and the Wisemen make the list because I just re-listened to it and it is a hilarious episode).

• Like 1

Those photos show a group of very sexy men.

Also is PFT going grey? He looks like a distinguished man in that jacket.

• Like 3

goddamn matt besser as bjork. i had to stop the podcast every few seconds because i started laughing hysterically at work.

love you nards.

• Like 4

although humorous, the whole murdering children part should probably have been cut. comes off a bit insensitive in light of recent events.

This episode along with The Christmas Womptacular makes this my favorite Monday in quite some time.

• Like 1

Great episode, already one spot filled for the best of 2013. So much anti-comedy and people shitting on each other.

although humorous, the whole murdering children part should probably have been cut. comes off a bit insensitive in light of recent events.

eye-roll.gif

• Like 5

I loved when Harris asked if it was actually the parents killing their children, I just imagined Paul thinking for a moment and realizing "I'm going to have to say yes to this."

• Like 2

Yes! I am going to put Bjork's rendition of 'Silent Night' on repeat when visiting family this holiday season!

• Like 2

Besser's Neil Young's rendition of Frosty the Snowman made me indescribably happy.

• Like 2

Great ep guys(and girls)! Music was so much fun, nice to hear from Billy Braggart. But, yeah all the back and forth on this one was too much fun. Oh and where can I order a J-phone Lime?

• Like 1

One of those episodes where every minute was perfect.

Besser's Silent Night was probably the highlight for me, though :lol:

• Like 1

The holiday and the anniversary shows are never a let down from the impossibly high expectations they've established. It has been way too long since Harris has been on. It's good to see that the time away has really let that foam ripen.

New No No! If Harris ever has a gap between appearances of 25 again, I should have to listen to three albums of Phish for the first time.

• Like 1

One of those episodes where every minute was perfect.

That sums it up pretty well. I love these episodes where everyone is obviously having a lot of fun and just going with the flow.

Waiting three weeks for a totally new episode will be tough, but obviously the Best Ofs will be great.

Sign in to follow this