Johnny Unusual

Video Games

Maybe you should stick to anything with a 3 in it.

Good strategy. I guess my wife is gonna need to add another hyphen to her name.

Welp!(puts glasses on)....

Here's something to consider (cue projector, lights, etc). There are places I won't link to here that build nice and affordable PCs which you can stick a video card in. They are about as expensive as a new console, only they are up-gradable(looks around for grammer police). Said video cards will have an HDMI slot so it can be plugged right into your TV like a console. Boom, it's all up in your basement away from you, the couch, the pup, and the cat. Since you game on Xbox, a wired xbox controller will work when plugged into a USB port on a PC (thanks microsoft!). All you would have to do is make sure you get one with a long chord or deal with configuring the driver for the wireless ones.(takes glasses off, kill projector, lights, creak, slam, sit.)

-Note: I still game on xbox as well, I could never look down on consoles because thats where the memories are. They both have benefits. When it comes to modding or getting that extra penny out of a game, PCs are the way to go. Either way Bethesda makes digital crack, and their game engine is the base that they start with.

P.S. Gluten allergy? I too have crazy food allergies. It's not fun.

Welp!(puts glasses on)....

blah blah blah

P.S. Gluten allergy? I too have crazy food allergies. It's not fun.

Yeah, nah, I'm too lazy for any of that shit. But thanks for the suggestions, maybe someday I'll join the master race.

And I was diagnosed with Celiac after a endoscopy/biopsy last year, after realizing I'd been eating a bottle of Tums every week for like 6 months. It sucks pretty bad, but mostly because it's been a fad diet along with people self-diagnosing, so most of the time I shut up. But oh man, do I miss good beer. Widmer makes an amazing GF Pale Ale through some sort of necromancy, so at least there's that.

Playing Puzzlequest for DS. Not quite as good as it's reputation, but this is after playing Heroes of Might and Magic - Clash of Heroes, which I highly recommend (especially if playing with a friend).

I got a USB Nintendo original controller and grabbed 8-bit games off emulator sites. Punch Out is killing me right now. Though WarHammer 40K and Dishonored are driving me nuts on PS3.

What mods do you guys recommend for New Vegas? I added a couple but haven't got around to really starting it.

Good god; I got XCOM for Christmas.. I was putting in 8 hour sessions at night into the wee hours of the morning.. I was into XCOM when it came out originally for the PC in the early 90's.. The first time playing it as a kid was a memorable experience. They totally nailed the revival. Such an addicting game.

I have been a gamer since I was a young 'un. I kept all the systems and games from over the years and have a decent collection. I finally built a MAME cabinet (two player bar-top) this past Christmas as well. It is endless fun.

• Like 2

What mods do you guys recommend for New Vegas? I added a couple but haven't got around to really starting it.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/top//?

Check these out. I personally recommend anything done by "Gopher." He has a youtube channel that explains and demos a ton of mods. Some pretty sweet stuff in there.

I've been sucked into the world of League of Legends. It's awful.

Thought about it, but it's basically the same game as Fallout (literally the same game engine). I like guns and mutants more than fantasy stuff. And it's still ~$40 new, which is silly given how long it's been out.

But yeah, the open world sandbox of these games really blew my mind when I first started up F:NW. Never played computer games or anything like it before. Pretty fun.

You must not know much about how game engines work.

I have been a gamer since I was a young 'un. I kept all the systems and games from over the years and have a decent collection. I finally built a MAME cabinet (two player bar-top) this past Christmas as well. It is endless fun.

That's awesome, so jealous! I regret loosing site of my old Nintendo consoles, I love anything Nintendo related, it was the best. Not sure what happened to my consoles damit. I am trying to get hold of an old console but its quite hard to get one in good condition. On the advise of my friend, might get into emulators but thats completely new to me so still abit of research needs to be done there. Anyone know anything about them that might help me out? Is it easier than it sounds? For any Nintendo fans out there like me, here's something that I can contribute to the forum for you guys to have a giggle about :PMario Font . Cute hey? Loveeee it :wub:

You must not know much about how game engines work.

You must not know much about being a juicebox. Wait, no, you totally do.

Just finished the new Walking Dead episode, 400 Days, last night. Totally great. If you haven't played the Walking Dead games, they're on XB, PS, and iOS even -- totally worth it. Possibly/probably better than the television show. Great writing, plays more like a cross between a choose your own adventure and old school PC adventure game.

Check out this awesome looking game that is trying to get funded on Kickstarter.

Anyone have a PS4 here? The interface is nice and the store doesn't stutter like it did on the PS3. Killzone's multiplayer is a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. Resogun is addictive too. My PSN name is Nerdygonzo if you want to add me.

I've just played through Walking Dead season 1 in time for season 2 to start and it was just as great as I've heard. I'm excited to start season 2 and dreading it at the same time. How much more can Clem take?!

I'm also close to finishing Persona 4 Golden. I've never played 80 hours of a game and been excited to start over again. Such a weird and amazing mix of a coming of age story and dungeon crawler.

Besides Persona I'm currently playing Okami HD, Grid 2, Lego Marvel, Skylanders and Killzone. My backlog of games is crazy and with Christmas coming, I think I'm getting more.

What's everyone else playing?