🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 4 — Let’s Get Ready To Rumble

It’s time for the gang to rush, strike, and belch their way through a couple of guards as they continue their journey to find their gear! Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) is first to deliver a devastating strike, Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) sits back to decide what his next move will be, Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) wonders if they should take a guard hostage, Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) thinks cleaving rocks, Ell Ryan (Gerry Duggan) unleashes the wrath of winter, and dungeon master (Mr. Sark) guides them along the way. Plus, the gang recalls some crazy shit that happened on a previous D&D adventure featuring a Sir Robin Masters.

• Like 1

First why are these guys so confused during battles? I don't think their using Mini's or pogs or anything to show where people are during fights. Im not a DnD player I play pathfinder, but don't you use a game mat in both games? I bought the DnD 4th edition beginner Red box and it came with maps. Second why do they never role for initiative? Or am I missing something completely?

First why are these guys so confused during battles? I don't think their using Mini's or pogs or anything to show where people are during fights. Im not a DnD player I play pathfinder, but don't you use a game mat in both games? I bought the DnD 4th edition beginner Red box and it came with maps. Second why do they never role for initiative? Or am I missing something completely?

It's been awhile since I played 4.5, so I can't remember how inititive works, but you can play the game without minis. The way the game is designed is that they want you to use them, but you totally don't have to.

Another smashing episode. It's been ages since I've played D&D but hearing all of this makes me have a little geek smile here at work. Brian, if you ever stop by on the forums, instead of using Steve Miller for your D&D Memories segment, use some Basil Poledouris as your bumper music!

• Like 1

Great show guys and gal. Really interested in this environment, can't wait for things to flesh out a bit (a lot) more! That is, if they survive this sinking pontoon thing. And get clothes. And weapons. And clothes.

Keep it up, I am loving this podcast!

• Like 1

Loved how 4 of those guys immediately just fell into the water. :D. Loved this episode, sad that their gear is probably gone for good. Hope they get some good stuff in this pontoon!

• Like 1

After the spirit bear appeared on deck and just tore the guard to shreds I don't think I stopped laughing until the completion of the episode. "Crew on the sinking ship, already panicked, but now completely flip their shit" was a definite highlight.

• Like 2

Great episode. Although I think they should have taken over the boat, I mean they were kicking ass, now they are stranded in god knows were without supplies. I wouldn't be surprised if Sark makes them eat each other in the next episode :D.

I dunno, think those Tinkerers or Fixers (or whatever they were, I can't remember) would have been pretty dangerous to deal with. Besides, that boat was doomed to sink as soon as they ripped that door off its hinges.

If they were wearing their gear I can see them doing a lot of things differently, it can be hard to focus when fist fighting in diapers. Thank god for the bear.

Overall I am really enjoying the show. I played 4e extensively and hearing them mess up the rules causes me to yell, talk to myself, and generally look like an insane person. The characters and players are fun though. The DM is a good storyteller and really rolls with the antics of the players. This is the only actual play podcast that I enjoy.

The podcast is brilliant, and you need to cash in on spirit bear shirts immediately. Consider posting your character sheets for everyone to see. Anyway, I hope this doesn't end anytime soon. Donations incoming once my ass finds a job.

I'll be enjoying an anecdote, or just following along, and then suddenly visualise the scenario: diapers, nudity, a spirit bear clawing off dicks, phallic space boats... Boy, do I laugh!

"We're taking these prisoners."

"What? What do you mean prisoners?"

"My bear attacks them."

HA i remeber that classic good times

Sign in to follow this