🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 192 — Best of 2012 Pt 1

WOW!!!!! You didn't just take the Christ out of Christmas. You cut the rist out of Christ. just joking. That was hilarious. I am not sure how Pally ended up on the greatest top ten list. He is more of the MLK on my list, and Wompler is the Dalai Lama, and PFT is a big time Han Dongfang.

St. Vincent audibly groaning after a Foam Corner joke is my favorite moment of the year.

This was amazing. And it sounded 100% genuine.

I was hoping Finger Guns and Friends Without Words would finish higher, too. I had forgotten how good the Lauren Lapkus character was on the latter. Also, he often goes relatively unnoticed (as much as possible) and unpraised, but the Choctaw was ON FIRE during that segment.

I had forgotten how good the Lauren Lapkus character was on the latter.

For real? Can anyone quote me a funny line she said?

This first clip with Lizzy Caplan just leaves me totally, utterly, inexplicably cold. Like, the only episode of CBB I couldn't finish listening to. What is wrong with me?

For real? Can anyone quote me a funny line she said?

Not off the top of my head (I listened on Monday morning), but I just thought the whole characterization was great, and the times that she would say something increasingly mumbled to the bewilderment of the others were really funny.

This first clip with Lizzy Caplan just leaves me totally, utterly, inexplicably cold. Like, the only episode of CBB I couldn't finish listening to. What is wrong with me?

It wasn't my least favorite or anything, but I was pretty disappointed with the episode too. I really like all three of the guests, and there was some funny stuff there, but I agree that it just felt flat. I was really surprised it made the top 10.

It wasn't my least favorite or anything, but I was pretty disappointed with the episode too. I really like all three of the guests, and there was some funny stuff there, but I agree that it just felt flat. I was really surprised it made the top 10.

Really? I thought it was one of the funniest. The monologue for Newsroom was priceless. The discussion about the bet with Bruno Kirby was also great. Honestly, the first appearance by those two characs was not my favorite, but thought this one was outstanding. Maybe worth a relisten?

SO YOU GUYS. I am going on a fun drive to (and home from) a funeral that is hours away this week. Can anyone give me suggestions for episodes that would be best to play for someone who has never heard the show before? Also preferably something that won't have me blushing in front of my mom...

Listening to this episode, I'm thinking Friends Without Words would work pretty well. I wish I could play something with Andy Daly or Jessica St. Clair, but the word "dick" might be in there just a few too many times for my poor mother.

Hologram Toes (with Patton Oswalt and Eddie Pepitone) has almost no cursing during the character bit. And it's one of my favorite episodes.

Really? I thought it was one of the funniest. The monologue for Newsroom was priceless. The discussion about the bet with Bruno Kirby was also great. Honestly, the first appearance by those two characs was not my favorite, but thought this one was outstanding. Maybe worth a relisten?

I fully agree, it was one of the first episodes I listened to and THE episode that made me pay attention as each new episode was revealed. I guess Gil and George just speak to me, because that stuff was ridiculously funny. Just the skill they have in improv'ing crazy crap out of nowhere and actually having great laughs and jokes within. I find myself using their incorrect pronounciations all the time now

I think the Best Bro Hang got voted in on the sheer power of the Sandburg name. Although that clip of Woody enjoying Entourage is a guilty pleasure. I was also a little disheartened that finger guns wasn't in the bottom 5, if Time Bobby isn't 1 or 2, I'm going to lose all my faith in humanity.. of those that vote on internet polls at least.

Best Bro Hang was great, fools. Like Scott and PFT said, Pally abandoning the character was done to great comedic effect, and that's what matters.

I love Scott's obsession with The Murphy Group -- one of my favorite recurring CBB jokes...

Pretty solid list so far. Not all of them were my personal favourites but they were solid episodes EXCEPT that awful Best Bro Hang episode. Can some of the voters of this episode step forward and explain to the rest of us how that episode was worthy of being on the list. Adam Pally was so horribly unprofessional this episode which made it very tough to listen to at certain points. Plus all the conversations were about Samberg's career which, while interesting, was hardly amusing. Either people are trolling or you guys REALLY like Andy Samberg to vote that turd into the top 10.

Fingers crossed that Apicklelypse makes it in the top 5, but probably won't :(

Fingers crossed that Apicklelypse makes it in the top 5, but probably won't :(/>

You had me until there. Saul Goodman is great on Breaking Bad, but that appearance belongs nowhere in the Top 10.

I'm guessing (hoping) top 5 will be Time Bobby, Wipeout!, Out of Bleeps, Farts and Pro 2 and either New No Nos or Scavenge and the Wisemen.

• Like 1

You had me until there. Saul Goodman is great on Breaking Bad, but that appearance belongs nowhere in the Top 10.

I'm guessing (hoping) top 5 will be Time Bobby, Wipeout!, Out of Bleeps, Farts and Pro 2 and either New No Nos or Scavenge and the Wisemen.

While the Saul Goodman interview was good, what really made the episode work for me was the chemistry between Scott, Jason and Alison. The hilarious sketch they did with Rizzoli, Isles and Chief Queef made me laugh so hard. Also, this episode had the best game of WYR of all time IMO. Jason's constant criticism of Scott's pickle leg premise, as well as his well crafted TMZ improvisation and his obliviousness to Alison's desires for him to eat her pussy.

All I'm saying is pound for pound this episode had the most laughs for me this season. I pretty much laughed from start to finish. Time Bobby is a very close second.

Why are people worried about Wipeout and Time Bobby not making in the top ten because it seems pretty sure that those are the two that were like three votes apart for most of the voting.I also really hope that Scavenge and the Wisemen make it in the top five because with some great Scott and Paul riffing coupled with an amazing Cake Boss Christmas Story it would be a crime for it not to make the top ten. But I am not as positive about that episode making it so I won't get my hopes up.

The hilarious sketch they did with Rizzoli, Isles and Chief Queef made me laugh so hard. Also, this episode had the best game of WYR of all time IMO.

"But chief, what about your wife, Kulap!"

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - huh I fell so much longer than you guys"

"That's it I'm going to come out of character now." "No, don't you dare come out of character!"

Yeah I hope that at least makes a bonus clip.

I wasn't blown away by the clip with Caplan, Kroll and Mulaney either. Like the Pally episode, it's not bad and I don't expect the whole show to be my personal top ten, but there's still a ton of episodes I'd pick before it.

I wasn't blown away by the clip with Caplan, Kroll and Mulaney either. Like the Pally episode, it's not bad and I don't expect the whole show to be my personal top ten, but there's still a ton of episodes I'd pick before it.

Come with me, Emily Mrtimr.

• Like 1

@ L_Veg

For some reason the Werner Herzog episodes absolutely KILL with my parents. I've rarely seen them laugh so hard, and they don't even know who Werner Herzog is. I'd go with #122 (the one with Yo La Tengo).

I think it's pretty much foregone that Wipeout and Time Bobby will be number 1 and 2. It's just a question of what order. I also expect New No Nos and Out of Bleeps to be in the top 5.

Personally, I don't want to see Farts & Pro 2 in the top 5... it was decent enough, but it was pretty much the exact same thing as before, with nothing really new or interesting. Seems likely, though--I think a lot of what makes the difference between making top 10 and not making it is being easy to remember.

I generally like having the title being a one-off random funny line from the show (in the Mr. Show Tradition) but it can make it very hard to remember what an episode is when you look at it later. People look at a long list of episode titles, and most of them don't jog their memory, so they just vote for ones they kinda liked that jump out at them.

Or they vote for episodes with guest stars that they liked, as in the Pally/Sandgerg episode. It also probably got a bump from Sandberg fans who don't listen to the show regularly.

The Pally episode was hilarious and almost as funny as the pretentious douchebags calling it "unprofessional".

The Pally episode was hilarious and almost as funny as the pretentious douchebags calling it "unprofessional".

I don't think it was unprofessional, I just didn't think it was funny.