🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This falls into the Crank/Face Off/Con Air category and would make a great live show.

Also, Double Impact and Sudden Death would make amazing episodes. Cheesy fun that have aged shockingly well as far as 90s action films go.

• Like 1

How has THIS not been made into a podcast episode!?

This is BY FAR the most HDTGM-able movie in the early JCVD canon. I had not seen it until this weekend and I was laughing the entire way through having an imaginary HDTGM play in my head as I watched. I could go on explaining why you should cover this movie, but I'll let a clip speak for itself.

• Thanks 1

John Woo, JCVD with a mullet, and Wilford Brimley. They should have done this or Sudden Death instead of Double Team. Hopefully they aren't tapped out on all the Van Damage yet.

It feels like they'll binge on an actor for awhile then take a break - Pacino, Cage, Stallone, Travolta, Van Damme. It's been a year since Timecop - time for more Muscles from Brussels!

You've just made me realize its been two years since they've covered a Nicolas Cage movie which makes me sad. But to be fair all the actors you've listed above combined have enough terrible movies between them to keep the podcast busy for the next five years.

They are like the Mt. Rushmore of HDTGM. Well - four of them. Pacino, Cage, and Stallone for sure, and....I'm genuinely torn whether Travolta or Van Damme is more worthy for slot #4. Someone with artistic skill should draw the Mt. Rushmore of HDTGM.

• Like 1

I think it has to be Travolta. JCVD has been in some bad fucking movies, but they are all just bad action movies.

The range of bad movies Travolta has starred in is almost a little staggering. Not too mention his moments of inadvertent brilliance. His take on Robert Shapiro will always bring a smile to my face.

• Like 1

I legit created an account to keep this thread going. The world needs the HDTGM treatment of this insane movie. His mullet is wet from start to finish. So much to love about this movie. 

• Like 1

I will continue to bump this until Hard Target gets its proper due.  Once again, Wilford Brimley rocks a Cajun accent and shoots people with a bow and arrow. And that is one of the least bonkers aspects of this minor miracle of a movie. 

A8130CA5-0FA5-4201-86F8-EF7218B16DFB.jpeg

• Like 2

Now legit wondering why "Wilford Brimley charging out of fire on horseback" isn't every meme on the Internet; because honestly it's got about a million uses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bumping this in honor of Wilford Brimley’s passing.   He is amazing in it and clearly having a ball.  Now knowing his history makes the horse back riding action sequence less ridiculous. 

• Like 2