🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
egregious

End of Days (1999)

In the spirit of the upcoming new year, I think you guys should totally watch the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie End of Days. It came out in 1999 and marketed during the "fear" of Y2K and it's just a cheesy cop versus Satan looking for a bride action movie. Super cheesy, and this was around when Arnold stopped doing action vehicles before he went on his "Governator" run.

I would love for this movie to be covered as it is one of the most insane later Arnold movies. I loved that Byrne's first act as the devil was to go up to his buddies wife, pull her tit out, and make out with her. And also that if you work for the devil, you are super resilient to taking damage from bullets or Arnold punches.

I would dig this, especially if they could get Kevin Pollak to come in as the guest. When I watch this movie it seems to me he played the same exact character in this one as his Todd Hockney character from The Usual Suspects (except this time he's a cop).

I think this one should happen just based on the scene where Arnold shouts "You're a fucking choirboy compared to me!" AT THE DEVIL. Although Gabriel Byrne's expression at that delivery is fucking priceless.

I watched this movie recently (I reviewed it for a podcast I started doing) and I gotta say, it is terrible and not fun to watch. It is the worst movie I've seen in the past year.

It'd probably be a good choice for HDTGM, but not a fun watch...

536a10111b1fd.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger vs The Devil....

At the end of the century, Satan visits New York in search of a bride. It's up to an ex-cop who now runs an elite security outfit to stop him.

[media='']

[/media]

Apparently, Arnold had lined-up a starring role in Ridley Scott's version of I Am Legend, before it fell apart and it was repurposed as a Will Smith vehicle. Arnold still wanted to make a horror film and made this instead.

Sign in to follow this