🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode BO2012.2 — Best of 2012 Pt 2

Hearing how much fun both Scott and Paul had recording Time Bobby makes me enjoy it even more than I already did! Ever since I heard it, I've tried to slip phrase "knife grab" into casual conversation wherever I can. I'd highly recommend it. Maybe we'll get a Time Bobby 2 that will be the 2nd best episode of 2013 a la Farts and Proc 2 (dream scenario).

Discovering CBB this May (the 156th Anniversary Party! episode was the first I listened to), has been one of the highlights of my year. Monday mornings are now exciting and I haven't had a boring commute since then (via the extensive backlog). I couldn't imagine going back to a world without Foam Corners, movingon.org, PFT, the Choctaw, and countless others. Thanks CBB/Earwolf, can't wait to hear what you guys put out in 2013!

• Like 1

Who's going to marathon re-listen to all 10 of the episodes covered in the Best Of's PLUS the b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s clip episodes? That might be a good NYE resolution!

Ya it is depressing how low that Wipeout made it but I am happy to see that that Time Bobby made it to number one. Scott made a great point about how the most recent episodes being voted on more because I remember last year how upset I was when the 2010 Christmas episode didn't make it higher because that is arguably one of my all time favorite episodes. I was thinking the same thing when I thought weather or not Savage and the Wisemen would make the list seeing as it is over a year I thought it probably wouldn't, and I was right.

Also I got so much joy out of Scott and Paul sing the Cantina Band song because me and one of my friends make it a point to sing that song for about a minute every time we see each other.

• Like 1

Scott-

Andy Daly's cavalcade of suicide isn't no.1?!? Howwwww Darrrrrrrre Youuuuuuuuuu- Oh wait, I voted for Time Bobby too, so...carry on.

I first heard Wipeout! on a 6 hour road trip with my brother and almost killed a cop while listening to the show. I was in a 6 hour road trip heading to MN and we were just outside Madison looking for an exit. Andy Daly starts jumping out windows, we start laughing, we almost miss our exit, and my brother swerves at the last second to get on the off ramp. We're going too fast for the ridiculously short exit ramp and there's a local WI sheriff parked at the end of the ramp on the opposite side of the street. My brother slams on the brakes and avoids slamming into the police car by a few feet. The look on the cops face as he saw our tires skidding on the gravel road with 2 dudes laughing hysterically must have spooked him as we managed to get to our pit stop (without a high speed police chase) to pull over and catch our breaths.

You need a disclaimer, listeners should not operate heavy machinery or any vehicle when Andy Daly and Jason Mantzoukis are on the show.

(I hope next year the 'Best of 2012 Pt 2' is no.1 like when the Oscar telecast wins an Emmy.)

• Like 2

For "fuck you"s on the floor of Congress, one need go no farther than the Greatest Hits of our previous Vice President (it's the cut right after shooting his hunting buddy in the face, for which the hunting buddy apologized). It's an album where you Really don't want to go into the Deep Cuts, unless you want to see some bones (but don't ask where they're buried, if you know what's good for you...).

HNY, folks.

• Like 2

Out of Bleeps and Time Bobby were both in the top 3, I can't complain!

The best of the year are:

2) you know what I mean

4) finger guns

1) popcorn.com

3) popcorn.com

5) fingerbang Lindbergh

(please get Patton Oswalt to do way more shows)

all in all, the show is the best comedy in the history of the world.

• Like 1

I think it's probably fair to say if it wasn't for the mass suicide at the end of Wipeout, it wouldn't be as fondly remembered, up until that point, I would have picked the other Daly/Mantzoukas episode from the year over it. And you do have to be a "superfan" to really appreciate it.

I agree Amy Phillips is underrated, the Liza Minnelli episode was great and it had Todd Glass doing his Rodney Dangerfield impression over Rappin Rodney.

Anyway I have a theory about Weird Al being there at the end. It could just be that they were recording another episode with him afterwards. But it could also be to do with something Jeff Ullrich posted last week about signing a deal with someone big and unexpected for a new show. Could it be a Weird Al podcast?

• Like 1

Didn't vote but i love "Time Bobby" and am glad it got #1. I was also pleased to see that "Out of Bleeps" made the top 5.

Great Best of, but this episode was just a reminder that it's been too long since an Andy Daly appearance. :(

• Like 3

Threep-a-threep threep-a-threep threep-a-threep threep threep threep!

• Like 1

I can't believe Highly Illogical, Repeat Your Keyword, and Popcorn.com didn't crack the top 10! All snubs, and they flubbed when they snubbed them. Tim is definitely one of my favorite guests. At least we got a Ching Chong bonus clip.

I can't believe Highly Illogical, Repeat Your Keyword, and Popcorn.com didn't crack the top 10! All snubs, and they flubbed when they snubbed them. Tim is definitely one of my favorite guests. At least we got a Ching Chong bonus clip.

Head on over to the snubs and flubs thread!

• Like 1

I can't believe I spent part of the final day of 2012 reading all of those posts. I need to reevaluate what I'm doing with my life.

• Like 2

I'd like to place an early vote for the Threep Cantina Theme(s) as my top moment of next year.

When Weird Al showed up, I thought for a split second that he was going to tell Scott and Paul to keep it down on their 'Best Year Ever' show, because Weird Al was trying to record a show right on the other side of the wall, and he was there first.

I thought he might be be the G-G-G-Ghost-st-st-st of Holiday Specials Past, apparating in the studio to show Scott and Paul the mistakes of their youths. (Scott double-booking Ace Ventura impersonators for a Mr. Show holiday party; Paul's ill-fated investment in zoot suits during the New Jack Swing era.)

God I hope someone scrapes Andy Daly off of the sidewalk and reanimates his hilarious corpse so he and Jason can do some more straight man/weird character stuff on CBB with the Choctaw. And if anyone doesn't like Fourval at #1, I'll stab you.

I... I didn't realize I was so invested in this, but... after Clones and Oliver Stones didn't even get a bonus clip, not even "but really, we met under a bridge," I'm just-- I'm so upset I could repeatedly throw myself out of a first story window.

For real, ep 144 with Paul Rust, Harris, and Michael Cassady was the actual spiritual successor to Farts and Procreation this year. Just floor-to-ceiling silly as fuck.

Every part was hilarious, this show is the best!

The fiction has been set that Scott and Paul F. Tompkins are now bad friends with Weird Al. I bet that's not the last we'll hear of that story.

I'm really shocked at the results! Most of what was on the top ten were among my favourites (especially Adomian as Tom "porking buttholes" Leikus) and it was a delight to listen to both episodes) but am I the only person who thought that the Mike the Janitor episode (mop water #175) was one most entertaining hours of any podcast, ever? I can't believe it didn't even make the top ten! I was sure it was going to be #1!

Even Paul F Thomkins seems to like Time Bobby better - which is great, but it didn't make me laugh half as hard...

Is there a page up with the results and the vote counts?

I agree with 9/10 of the choices although I would have different ordering but the one I do not get is Farts and Procreation 2. I just didn't think it was that good and did not hold a candle to Farts and Procreation 1. I was really surprised to hear it at number 2. I don't think it was top ten material but oh well.