🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode BO2012.2 — Best of 2012 Pt 2

I agree with 9/10 of the choices although I would have different ordering but the one I do not get is Farts and Procreation 2. I just didn't think it was that good and did not hold a candle to Farts and Procreation 1. I was really surprised to hear it at number 2. I don't think it was top ten material but oh well.

I thought it was every bit as good, honestly.

Only 5 of my favorites made it. Not surprised.

Clones and Oliver Stones not being there is a total snub.

Only 5 of my favorites made it. Not surprised.

Clones and Oliver Stones not being there is a total snub.

I loved that episode. I think that the Mel Pelvin bit could have at least been a B-b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s clip (bro).

I'm not at all surprised with the top 5. Those are the ones I predicted in the Pt 1 forum. I think like Scott said, it's a mixture between high profile guests and quality bits that are going to be at the top. I personally loved every episode that was on this top 10 and I think this year has been outstanding. There were definitely a couple shockers not making it for me (Climbing the Ladder, Breaking Bread and the aforementioned Clones and Oliver Stones), but all in all a solid list in my opinion. Looking forward to 2013!

i am slightly angry at the sessions spoiler. its a movie that came out in the last 6 months and he gave away the ending and only said "spoiler alert" after he spoiled it. i understand if its a movie from five years ago but this is to soon

Come on man. I haven't seen the movie yet either, and I know nothing about the story at all; but based on reading a brief synopsis or seeing a trailer I could've told you he'd die.

1. Super sick guy wants to get laid before he dies.

2. Hires a sex surrogate to have sex with.

3. It's an indie drama...

Hmm... Odds are he's going to die. It's not like the guy was going to bang Helen Hunt and she'd magically cure his ailment. This is clearly a movie "about the journey to the destination, not the destination".

I can't believe Highly Illogical, Repeat Your Keyword, and Popcorn.com didn't crack the top 10! All snubs, and they flubbed when they snubbed them. Tim is definitely one of my favorite guests. At least we got a Ching Chong bonus clip.

Agreed. I still think Highly Illogical is one of the greatest CBB episodes of all time. Granted, I'm a huge Heidecker fan, but that double dose of Daly really boosted it into legendary territory. Not to mention Reggie's outstanding musical contribution.

what i noticed is that every single one of the clips featured Scott Aukerman. I think its biased and he's throwing off the voting to make sure he's included in every clip.

I checked - last year he did the same thing. Sheesh.

• Like 3

Snubs/Flubs/Scrubs aside, the main thing that struck me listening to this best of was what a goddamn amazing year it was. When I voted, that list, basically every show had least one or two defining moments of hilarity. And a good percentage of the list is, to me, some of the best comedy anywhere ever. And there was a lot of that. And it was fucking FREE. And there was an amazing TV show. And the live tour shows. So y'know, really, congratulations and thanks to all of you funny people. Especially the Choctaw.

Also, something something cynical and backhanded.

• Like 2

There are a few weakish episodes here and there, but maybe it's just me, but for me, I'm amazed that a totally unscripted free show is one of the most entertaining hours of anything in any medium. I can listen to hours and hours of it and it's generally a pure delight.

I'm of course talking about WTF with Marc Maron...

haha, kidding, Comedy Bang Bang all the way - if I had to play "would you rather" and the choices were give up ever watching any TV or movies or podcasts for the rest of my life except for CBB, or else give up CBB, I'd give up everything else.

Oh shit, I decided before the question floor was closed, I'll probably end up being raped by ants every time I sneeze with that choice...

Snubs/Flubs/Scrubs aside, the main thing that struck me listening to this best of was what a goddamn amazing year it was. When I voted, that list, basically every show had least one or two defining moments of hilarity. And a good percentage of the list is, to me, some of the best comedy anywhere ever. And there was a lot of that. And it was fucking FREE. And there was an amazing TV show. And the live tour shows. So y'know, really, congratulations and thanks to all of you funny people. Especially the Choctaw.

Also, something something cynical and backhanded.

I was also quite shocked at Breaking Bread not being included- that one had me rolling on the floor for the entire time once the pope showed up. That and hearing Odenkirk say, "Fuck that bed!" during Would You Rather. It's the episode I play for my more open minded friends.

The clip chosen for Farts and Procreation made the most sense, but for some reason Adam Scott saying "you know how to make a baby show him your dick" and Scott and Harris closely analyzing that statement is the moment from that episode that made me drive off the road from laughing too hard.

The clip chosen for Farts and Procreation made the most sense, but for some reason Adam Scott saying "you know how to make a baby show him your dick" and Scott and Harris closely analyzing that statement is the moment from that episode that made me drive off the road from laughing too hard.

Haha, you can use Legalzoom.com to sue earwolf for putting your life in danger for making you laugh too hard!

Irony!

Paul F. Tompkins' sincere/bewildered enjoyment of Paul Rust's "New No No's" is truly delightful (and justified).