đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
nonimal

The Dark Backward (1991)

Judd Nelson, Bill Paxton, Wayne Newton, Lara Flynn Boyle, Rob Lowe. A terrible stand-up comedian that grows an arm out of his back and becomes funny. Sex on a pile of garbage. The epitome of who green lit this and How Did This Get Made? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101660/

• Thanks 1

I've been peddling the merits (both in its execution and sheer existence) of this movie for years. It's got big name actors doing terrible things, needless stunt casting, a complete lack of exposition or explanation, a world within a world of "Blump's brand everything" and the craziest tv shows I wanna see more of, and a genuinely clever insight into what it means to be a comedian. Plus, the actual story of how everyone ended up in the movie is just bonkers. Lastly, it's the guy who made The Chase... How can they not do this movie?

Who do we have to convince to get on board?

Holy Moly!  I stumbled across this movie last night because it's streaming for free on Prime and Adam Rifkin interests me.

IT IS INSANE!

I think this would blow the HDTGM? gang's minds.  Would love to hear them talk about it.

3 hours ago, JeffreyMcDonald said:

It's like a cross between Brazil, Repo Man, some sort of Cronenberg film, and Garbage Pail Kids.

And based on a novel, if memory serves. I think the main way it got greenlit was that Twin Peaks and David Lynch were popular and some studios were looking for aggressively weird pictures. Which they certainly got with this one, but my memory of it is that it tried too hard and was just pretty dull in the end.