🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 192 — GoodFelines

Awesome episode. Really comes through when everyone is having a freaking blast.

• Like 1

This episode was so funny. I didn't really expect it, but the guests were great at being silly. I loved how Horatio wasn't afraid to keep adding ridiculous unnecessary details to his stories. I'm trying to imagine the notes Scott must have been taking to try to keep the reality going.

• Like 1

"UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Hi Batman!"

^_^

• Like 1

Unrelated topic, but I didn't know where else to share this. The real Huell Howser just died and I'm feeling pretty sad about it despite never seeing anything of his on TV. http://www.nbclosang...-185922911.html

At least I can take comfort in knowing there are an infinite number of Huell Howsers in an infinite number of Californias on CBB manifesting as the glowing sentient comedic form called 'James Adomian.'

You really should check out some segments from the real California's Gold. The impression is so absurdly accurate that it makes the show even more hilarious. A personal favorite is one where he visits an In-N-Out Burger. Trust me, the Secret Menu boggles his mind.

• Like 1

God dammit, awkward a capella Wipeout needs to be a regular feature. No more of this half-assed, second-long bullshit, you fucking tease.

Picklefucker I could not agree more. But it has to have the drum solo too or it's just not worth it!

I was amazed at how much Horatio sounded like Paul F Tompkins, good episode though. The whole rolling dick story was amazing, and I like cat Brendan Fraser, he's my favorite actor of all the cat-Mummy films

At first I was excited at the prospect of being famous for a week, but 3 days in and I'm really starting to feel like I've been cursed. I enjoyed the attention of the paparazzi at first; mugging for the cameras, shooting the shit with the photogs. I skipped to the front of the line of club after club. I slept with more women than I could count. The drugs were everywhere. But these days, I feel empty. My friends stopped coming around when the handouts ran dry. My family stopped speaking to me. I spend my days in a mostly-unfurnished Italian-style villa, with only the landscapers and housekeepers as my company.

I remember the day I submitted my plugs theme with wide eyed innocence. "Maybe one day, Scott will play it, and I'll be famous for a week," I thought to myself.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2

At first I was excited at the prospect of being famous for a week, but 3 days in and I'm really starting to feel like I've been cursed. I enjoyed the attention of the paparazzi at first; mugging for the cameras, shooting the shit with the photogs. I skipped to the front of the line of club after club. I slept with more women than I could count. The drugs were everywhere. But these days, I feel empty. My friends stopped coming around when the handouts ran dry. My family stopped speaking to me. I spend my days in a mostly-unfurnished Italian-style villa, with only the landscapers and housekeepers as my company.

I remember the day I submitted my plugs theme with wide eyed innocence. "Maybe one day, Scott will play it, and I'll be famous for a week," I thought to myself.

You'll always be the Pharaoh Wizard to me.

• Like 1

You'll always be the Pharaoh Wizard to me.

This may sound sarcastic on the Internet, but I promise it is not: you are the first person to get that reference

• Like 1

I just looked at my times listened to this episode. 7. And I still laugh like an asshole when I hear Ben ask in a creepily sexy way, "If you could jerk-off and sleep at the same time, would you do it?" Is it possible that anyone is as big an Earwuff loser/nerd as I?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but hopefully things will go back to normal more quickly than expected due to the release of a bonus episode. Incidentally, I think we need an official ruling from the Choctaw as to whether the Plugs theme creator is still famous for a full week even in the event that the next episode is released sooner than that.

I just looked at my times listened to this episode. 7. And I still laugh like an asshole when I hear Ben ask in a creepily sexy way, "If you could jerk-off and sleep at the same time, would you do it?" Is it possible that anyone is as big an Earwuff loser/nerd as I?

I listened twice, once solo, once with a friend while driving... But I have listened to the 'going to the break' theme about 30 times and considered cutting it out of the episode for a potential ringtone.

This is one of those episodes that only becomes better and better with repeat listens. The first time, I kept waiting for Shelly's fantastical/horrifying twist that normally sends CBB into the stratosphere (i.e. every PFT and Andrew Daly character), but once I realized that he's just the worst storyteller on Earth I was able to fully embrace it and laugh harder than I've laughed at any podcast in weeks.

I think it's also worth noting how much of a pro Horatio proved himself to be here. He never broke character or tried to send the show off in a more meta direction (as CBB is wont to do on occasion, and can obviously be hilarious in its own way); he just fully committed to everything Scott and Ben threw at him. I hope he'll be on the show again!

I'm glad everyone really loves Horatio and that he's becoming much beloved on the earwolf shows on which he appears, but I am slightly dismayed that people are just now rolling around to him, considering he's a founding member of the Upright Citizen's Brigade and has always been awesome and a real ringer when it comes to improv.

Better late than never, of course!

I also apologize that this sounds like a total "I was into Horatio before he was cool," kind of thing. I liked him on SNL, but was largely ignorant of his involvement with UCB until I saw him on the ASSSCAT! special that aired on Bravo back in 2007-ish, and then I really liked him. He's also on the ASSSCAT dvd, and of course his i4h appearances are amazing and fill me with glee.

I liked him on SNL, but was largely ignorant of his involvement with UCB until I saw him on the ASSSCAT! special that aired on Bravo back in 2007-ish, and then I really liked him. He's also on the ASSSCAT dvd, and of course his i4h appearances are amazing and fill me with glee.

Yeah, he arguably has the best moment on the ASSSSCAT DVD (the only other real contender being Andy Daly's now-standard suicide), which I think is still on Netflix for anyone interested.

"...Just more water."

I just love, so much do I love, when Shelly asks the name of the woman from Grace Under Fire.. but Brett Butler just ends up being his best friend and partner in crime. And he didn't know her name. And I can't stop thinking about it. And laughing a lot about it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this