🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
hillmancobs

InAPPropriate Comedy (2013)

I'm still trying to figure out how Vince Offer got the necessary money to film not one, but two movies.

I'm guessing that ShamWows and Slap Chops sell like hotcakes, and he gets a decent cut.

Slap chop I can understand, but was Shamwow really that big of a seller? And he did his first movie years before he started selling those things, so that still begs the question, how much coke did he have to sell to fund that shitfest along with buying midnight ad space on E!?

This is on Netflix now, so the HDTGM crosshairs should be somewhat closer to the mark on this one...

Seriously, this one needs to be considered. It's one of those cases where everyone involved actually deserves what's coming to them; it's not a sincere effort by a mentally-challenged person, it's not some big studio flop... it's four people of varying levels of integrity all stooping to be in a movie made by a salesman who beat up a hooker.

I'm guessing that ShamWows and Slap Chops sell like hotcakes, and he gets a decent cut.

Vince Offer. He made another TERRIBLE movie called 'The Underground Comedy' back in the late '90s I think? He could never find distribution for it, so he ended up selling it via late night infomercials. Then he ended up selling lots of shit on late night infomercials cause he made so much money at it. I've talked to him on the phone at work before. He's an honest to God piece of shit.

Vince Offer. He made another TERRIBLE movie called 'The Underground Comedy' back in the late '90s I think? He could never find distribution for it, so he ended up selling it via late night infomercials. Then he ended up selling lots of shit on late night infomercials cause he made so much money at it. I've talked to him on the phone at work before. He's an honest to God piece of shit.

I think the ad for that thing ran nonstop on Stern's E! TV show for YEARS. After that show was done, I never heard mention of it ever again.

a movie made by a salesman who beat up a hooker.

Ugh ugh ugh ugh

I think that the Oxiclean dude would have made a great movie. I believe that string theory allows for this possibility to exist, right?

billy-mays.png

• Like 1

billy-mays.png

Years ago, on one of the work computers at my theater, we replaced the word "Enter" on the keyboard with "Billy Mays", and only managers can see it. In those years, several people have become managers, and no one has ever questioned it. Other items no one asks about: a blown-up picture of some fat kid's college ID that we found, a snow globe with a picture of me meeting Ron Jeremy in it, a picture of one of the other managers and the members of Fishbone in front of our theater in 2000 when their bus broke down and they killed time by watching "The Nutty Professor 2".

• Like 1

billy-mays.png

Years ago, on one of the work computers at my theater, we replaced the word "Enter" on the keyboard with "Billy Mays", and only managers can see it. In those years, several people have become managers, and no one has ever questioned it. Other items no one asks about: a blown-up picture of some fat kid's college ID that we found, a snow globe with a picture of me meeting Ron Jeremy in it, a picture of one of the other managers and the members of Fishbone in front of our theater in 2000 when their bus broke down and they killed time by watching "The Nutty Professor 2".

Whoops, sorry about the double post.

I watched this on Netflix one night because I hate myself. It's awful awful awful but isn't right for the show. It's just offensive and bad. Nothing could really be said other than that. Nothing funny anyway. Also I imagine they know Ari Shaffir who has the worst segments in the whole movie, so they wouldn't want to talk about that.