🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jshulte22

Character Drawings

Thanks DubipR!

Gustaf, what brushes do you use? Are those custom?

Some, and some are default. I try not to get down in fx brushes when I don't have to. With simpler tools it's easier to connect to your fundamentals I think, which is really important! So apart from the steam from the ship this is just basic brushes.

• Like 1

I am consistenly stunned at the level of talent and investment that the arty folks that listen to this show possess. Awesome job, people,

Very excited by the prospect of the renderings for the new characters. Too early to tell but I'm seeing Lyra as a version of Imoen from Baldur's Gate I and II. And amateur magician, Houg Denning as Jan Jansen from the same. I wonder if Houg enjoys turnips?

Looking forward to what the listeners come up with!

GZ

• Like 2

I haven't drawn for years, but seeing the work you guys put up and the wonderful enthusiasm of fan art and the range of skill made my decide to pick up the pencils again.

Here is one of the Soul Suckers from the earlier episodes. I never miss a chance to put a bright red cartoon rocket on something.

SoulSucker.jpg

• Like 3

Waiting to see what the real talent on here does with their impressions..in the meantime....

post-36500-0-60136400-1400250140_thumb.jpg

post-36500-0-94809100-1400250156_thumb.jpg

post-36500-0-81835200-1400250169_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm gonna stick to envoronments and scenes for the most part. Maybe if some props show up. But I really enjoy seeing others do the characters. But it's gonna be fun interpreting this new universe.

I love the Flutterers, so here is Zisu.

Zisu.jpg

Wow...thats one from the WayBack files. Is that eye, perhaps, brown?

Cheyenne, I love it. Question: Why the huge difference between Dag/Houg and Lyra? Almost looks like a totally different style. By the way, I love Dag's shovel-axe. Brilliant.

Here's my take on Lyra-- oddly enough, in almost the EXACT same pose as in Cheyenne's drawing. Typical Rogue stuff I guess. Jumping, crouching, running, kicking... you know how it goes.

My style has a little bit of an anime touch to it since I used to be a huge dorky otaku when I was a teenager. I had even stopped drawing altogether before I started listening to this podcast, so thanks for giving me a reason to pick up the pencil again.

Without further adieu:

post-32782-0-10258600-1400786735_thumb.jpg

I think the image might be doing some kind of weird thumbnail thingy so if you can't see it too well try right-clicking and selecting "open in new window/tab"

• Like 2

Nice...especially your hands...I have mad respect for guys who can make hands look real and not just like a segmented flipper...

Thanks - and hands are the bane of any artists life

Cheyenne, I love it. Question: Why the huge difference between Dag/Houg and Lyra? Almost looks like a totally different style. By the way, I love Dag's shovel-axe. Brilliant.

Thank you.

Lyra has been inked. the other two are still in 'pencil' (they are all done digitally). I like to post pieces I'm working on in stages of production instead of just finished art. I'll finish the inks on the other two sometime this weekend then try and figure out if I have the time to do a full color pass.

The idea for the Shovel-Axe is what forced me to carve out some free-time to draw the picture. It's inspired by my own 4e character that I'm playing ~ Doombringer the Brutal Bard-Barrian

• Like 1

Just a fun little interpretation of Hug and Francis (Winter?) the Mage.

I've been wanting to post this after listening to the second episode of this new season, but I've been too bogged down with work and other stuff so I kind of rushed and did a sloppy job on the watercoloring. And somehow Hug looks very... CareBear-like.

0qf35Of.png

• Like 19

Hey, is anyone interested in making me some Glinishmore based art or a sweet head on view of Sir Richard's laser beam hand? PM me for some details, looking to create something for the group!

Super rough still ( I am not a graphic designer or artist obviously...). I'll be brewing some Chocolate Milk Stout and want to commemorate the end of the first campaign with a delicious beer!

post-94112-0-62916600-1401482878_thumb.png

• Like 2

I've been working on a series of these for a while and thought I'd show the first one. My skillset is geared more towards design then illustration, but I'm pretty happy with this. More to come (original characters first)

I've never played D&D, but this show makes me want to give it a shot.

post-20748-0-60981500-1402293661_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I've been working on a series of these for a while and thought I'd show the first one. My skillset is geared more towards design then illustration, but I'm pretty happy with this. More to come (original characters first)

I've never played D&D, but this show makes me want to give it a shot.

Hope you do more! Pretty brilliant!

Hope you do more! Pretty brilliant!

seconded, that was awesome, need to see more, for all the characters!!

• Like 1

Hug Denning on Harryhausen mountain: (I know it's spelled Houg, but I still like Hug better)!

4N3GXAd.jpg

• Like 10

Hug Denning on Harryhausen mountain: (I know it's spelled Houg, but I still like Hug better)!

4N3GXAd.jpg

fucking amazing

can you paint this on the side of my van?

• Like 2