🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jshulte22

Character Drawings

So far, for drawings sake, we have:

(This may help us draw the characters, please amend)!

1) Houg (Hug) Denning: Ken + Doug Henning Illusionist. Human

2) Lyra: Rogue/Thief, dagger, short sword. Human (?).

3) Dag Darkomen: Fighter, looks like the wrestler Undertaker mixed w Brian. Large Axe, leather trenchcoat, familiarity with death. Cousin of Amarth.

4) Winter: Mage, uses magic missles, human (?).

Any help would be appreciated!

3) Dag Darkomen: Fighter, looks like the wrestler Undertaker mixed w Brian. Large Axe, leather trenchcoat, familiarity with death. Cousin of Amarth.

Lyra is a half-elf i believe

Dag is the cousin of Damien, a human. And i seem to recall Lyra was a half-elf as well.

We need to clarify whether Houg is a human or a halfling. I could have sworn someone referred to him as such at one point or another. Also, there's almost nothing to Winter's description so far based on the gameplay. Need more info.

cheers

And no one called him a Glennishmoron.

To be fair, even at the time I found it a little weird the degree to which they were freaking out about that--the idea of a name for one's world more specific than "the world" only comes about with sufficiently advanced astronomy to realize there might be other "worlds" out there. There's no reason to assume Glennishmorian society is at that point, so why would he have a "name" for his world?

I agree! The quality of many of the drawings/computer renderings are amazing!

Some more character notes for artists:

Gerry did refer to 'the halfling', offhandedly, but I think he was incorrectly referring to Lyra. Houg is human, from what I can tell. Since few of the players played humans in the last game, I think that this time around most of them chose humans.

There is little to no description of Gerry's wizard, the "strength wizard (12) haha). I'd like to draw him, but there doesn't seem to be many details yet. He does carry a suitcase or something with magic props and hardware.

Thanks to those that added info or corrected me! I just think that notes like this might encourage artists to draw the characters more often.

• Like 1

Looks like Dan Harmon, oddly.

hahaha my first thought was "Is that Sharpie Buttsalot?"

• Like 2

We need to clarify whether Houg is a human or a halfling. I could have sworn someone referred to him as such at one point or another. Also, there's almost nothing to Winter's description so far based on the gameplay. Need more info.

cheers

I assumed Houg was a gnome.

I'm almost certain that Houg is human. I listened carefully to the episodes, and at one point it is mentioned. Later, Gerry refers to Houg as a halfling, under his breath, but I believe that was in error. I think that Ken wanted to play a human, after the non-human Dragon-born.

As far as Winter goes, you are absolutely right! Little to no details! He carries a staff, has a bag of magic props and hardware tools, is human...but aside from that?

Just haven't posted in a while, and been meaning to.

Houg in gold lamé with one HP. Just this side of not-canon and meta.

Purplish fuzzy cloud around Lyra's tiara adds to the dropping acid vibe I'm feeling.

Figure I'd throw a Jack-the-Ripper-ish twist to the conundrum of the appearance o' Winter.

Dag as a trim and dour re-purposed Vincent Price-looking anti-hero is what I see in my head when I listen to Brian every time.

I love Blaine's DM-ing, more an' more. So much goddamn whimsy, I'm suspicious he's cooking up somethiin'.

And when! Sark comess around, I hope it'll be sheer chaos and hijinx galore all up and down the walls of the Earwolf building.

Okay, back into the hidey hole for me.

http://ab3tt3r2morrow.deviantart.com/

http://godrawstrauss.tumblr.com/

dag_winter_houg_lyra_13aug2014_by_ab3tt3r2morrow-d7uyqdg.jpg

• Like 8

Very cool, Winston! Definitely not what a lot of us were thinking, but that's why fan art is awesome. I could totally see Tom Waits playing Winter in a live action version, maybe Clive Owen as Dag. A strange but truly interesting take on this group.

• Like 1

Kind of you to say, Telegramsam! Thank you! Everything I love about what these guys do, gets amped up when other stuff I love unconsciously clicks with something they say.

I could totally see Tom Waits playing Winter in a live action version, maybe Clive Owen as Dag.

Maybe it's the abyss looking into me, or vice-y versa, but like what Ken said all the way back in episode 50 (right after Dave Anthony's running Barth), "...It's a writer's game." That has always, always hit home for me -- and when I first heard Ken saying that made my day. So, yeah, I fuckin' love Winter-Tom Waits and Clive "Dag Darkomen" Owen now that you made me think! Like Clive Owen from when he was in Children of Men, that's fuckin' Dag Darkomen! And when Tom Waits played Renfield from Bram Stoker's Dracula would be the most awesome, most jawdropping Winter! But even versions where real-life Tom Waits not being over-the-top, just sitting in the shadows, and Clive Owen just playing a big unassuming quiet guy but with a badass weather coat, not bad choices to imagine in the setting Blaine's tossed them in.

And, hey, sorry I rambled on for so long guys.

• Like 1

post-95608-0-54124200-1408215969_thumb.jpg

I kind of felt like this needed to happen. Really loving the show everyone, keep up that hilarious nonsense!

Not a drawing, but fanart nonetheless, in memory of one of the great missed opportunities of the current campaign:

Fishmech01_zps9c029bcd.jpg

Fishmech02_zps1e38554d.jpg

(Additional info -- other than the barrel and the fish, the model utilizes Micah Bauer's "C6" design ethos, which uses six common lego parts to create small scale lego mecha; legs are borrowed/modified from Bauer's CAB 320 Walker design, rest is original. Much love also to BrickLink for facilitating bulk purchase of individual lego parts in desired colors, not to mention a lego fish of all things!)

• Like 9