🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jshulte22

Character Drawings

All of these drawings are amazing. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your works of art.

Niiiice stuff Ian. Do you have a blog or site of some sort?

Thanks dude! Yeah I have a tumblr that I post some what frequently to: ianoncedid.tumblr.com. Checked out your tumblr, awesome stuff!

Turns out I was already following you haha, you're the Corpse Puncher dude.

Anyone here know about the Nerd Poker page on tvtropes.org? It looks like it needs some love and attention...

Lovin' the show, guys! I starting listening to it having never delved into the RPG scene, but y'all made it sound like so much fun that I had to get in on the action with some'a my friends :D Great times!

As a token of my appreciation, and needing a subject to practice up on traditional inking-media (sable-brush and crowquill, specifically), I sketched up my take on the characters. Hope ya digs ~!

First off, the bold Sir Richard!

08_18_02.jpg

Next up, Amarth Amon..

08_18_03.jpg

Blackie Green...

08_20_01.jpg

Barthoset Bu'Rall:

08_18_04.jpg

And finally, Mildred Maxxton! Sorry for the photo on this one; this past weekend my HD died on me, and while I'm 80% back-in-business I haven't been able to get my scanner to work ever since :\

Mildred.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy! Keep up the awesomeness :D

these are FANTASTIC - great job

• Like 5

eb3l0K1.jpg

Hope this isn't too big. Anyways, thought I'd draw the characters for fun, it got a little crazy, and then I found this forum, so here we are.

I might color it, but to be honest, I'm still learning how to do that. We'll see...

Truly amazing work!!

• Like 1

OMG there are so many amazing pieces of art here that it will look rediculous reposting them all. Great Job all of you. Wish I could draw like that. Maybe ill take a stab at it lol.

Lovin' the show, guys! I starting listening to it having never delved into the RPG scene, but y'all made it sound like so much fun that I had to get in on the action with some'a my friends :D Great times!

As a token of my appreciation, and needing a subject to practice up on traditional inking-media (sable-brush and crowquill, specifically), I sketched up my take on the characters. Hope ya digs ~!

First off, the bold Sir Richard!

08_18_02.jpg

Next up, Amarth Amon..

08_18_03.jpg

Blackie Green...

08_20_01.jpg

Barthoset Bu'Rall:

08_18_04.jpg

And finally, Mildred Maxxton! Sorry for the photo on this one; this past weekend my HD died on me, and while I'm 80% back-in-business I haven't been able to get my scanner to work ever since :\

Mildred.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy! Keep up the awesomeness :D

These are all wonderful, but I wanted to let you know that your Mildred makes me absolutely gleeful!

• Like 1

Thanks very much, everybody -- Glad y'all liked 'em! Though dangit, no sooner do I finish that series than the characters all get a costume-change!

Gerry -- here's hoping Sir Richard stays alive long enough for me to draw him in the Lord's Attire :P

• Like 2

I don't mean to knock anyone's artistic ability, because some of this stuff is just amazing. But does everyone forget that Amarth Amon is a Goliath and not a big human?!

Well -- I wouldn't say forgot. In my case at least, as a guy who only knows about as much about D&D as he's learned from listening to Nerd Poker, I didn't realize there was a difference. Having now done some homework, I'll have to remember that next time I do an Amarth drawing!

• Like 3

09_19_02_Small.jpg

Fresh Amarth sketch! I dunno if it's actually kosher for a Goliath to have a beard, but it just works so well for a Brian-character :D

god damn! you people who can draw good make me so jealous! all i ask is keep up thew great work so i can live vicariously through you.

• Like 1

Fresh Amarth sketch! I dunno if it's actually kosher for a Goliath to have a beard, but it just works so well for a Brian-character :D

According to WotC, "Male goliaths generally have hair only on their limbs" However, many artists ignore that.

Goliath are frequently represented as not having pupils, but I don't know that to be canon. Specific to Amarth I would say that the sketch is excellent, save perhaps that he might be better represented with a smaller... How to put this delicately, cranial displacement?

The beard I like. Females have hair on their scalp, I think that is sufficient to make the case that the men don't need to have full on alopecia.

I don't mean to knock anyone's artistic ability, because some of this stuff is just amazing. But does everyone forget that Amarth Amon is a Goliath and not a big human?!

You're not knocking anyone's artistic ability with that question/valid point. Your comment is a critique/concern of people's researching/reference ability.

I've never even bothered to look up D&D character races, but your comment made me do just that, and now it makes much more sense how some of the earlier character art in this thread depicts Amarth as gray/blue-skinned with tattoos all over him. Goliath staples! Good to know.

Same goes for Dragonborn. I'm so used to that term in the context of Skyrim that I didn't realize Dragonborns are seriously a race of anthropomorphic dragon/lizard men.

• Like 2

First time 'forumer' for nerd poker. I thought we needed more pictures of the "Nexus Of Evil".

NexusOfEvilMine.jpg

Going into the way back machine and throwing up a pic from episode 24: For Glinishmore and Bahamut!

I precursor this by saying this is all Brian Poshen's fault! He specifically asked for it during the episode.

I would also like to add apologies to Mildred (Sarah). Again, blame Mr. Poshen.

That all being said, it was a pretty hilarious moment in the midst of all that chaos.

Enjoy!

wjkg.jpg

post-46096-0-82621800-1373833033_thumb.jpg

aww now im sad for my prospects...

• Like 1

he looks like the video for take on me

Haha I thought it was? (with obvious ear amendment)