🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 18 — Skullnick Got The Whisper 2000

Jake is joined by the wonderful Jen Kirkman to discuss Taxi, Jesus’ opinion on improv, and what Ringo Starr wants people to do with their fan mail. Jen shares about her dance background, digging the oldies as a kid, and the time her dad had a great stand up set. Jake and Jen dive into some clips that include; a soulful moment on The Lawrence Welk Show, classic banter on Royce and Marilyn, and Geraldo interviewing Joey Ramone and his mom. You can now preorder Jen Kirkman’s book I Can Barely Take Care Of Myself and make sure to leave reviews for The Whisper 2000 in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. Enjoy!

Wow forget that Jeff Garlin thing with Larry David, how did you get Jen Kirkman?

I'm only half-joking by the way, I love Jen Kirkman.

• Like 1

love jen kirkman! great guest..I love how Geraldo thought they were brothers haha he is so ignorant in a drunk dad kinda way..thanks for the podcast goodness!

Only 2 comments? Hopefully people are just getting to this episode slowly because of Garlin's show and the bonus CBB. One of the best episodes yet. Jen was great as always and the clips were amazing.

Highlights:

- The titular line, the musical version of which is totally stuck in my head now

- Jen's story about her dad killing at M-Bar

- The entire "Puttin' on the Hits" discussion. DO IT, JEN!

Only 2 comments? Hopefully people are just getting to this episode slowly because of Garlin's show and the bonus CBB. One of the best episodes yet. Jen was great as always and the clips were amazing.

Highlights:

- The titular line, the musical version of which is totally stuck in my head now

- Jen's story about her dad killing at M-Bar

- The entire "Puttin' on the Hits" discussion. DO IT, JEN!

Agreed on all points. That "19" performance remains pretty damn amazing, too.

On one hand, I really laughed at the idea of a lip-synching clip being played on a podcast, but on the other hand, it convinced me to watch the video, which I virtually never do, and HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING. (Also, the guy's make-up makes him look like Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead movies.)

• Like 2

On one hand, I really laughed at the idea of a lip-synching clip being played on a podcast, but on the other hand, it convinced me to watch the video, which I virtually never do, and HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING. (Also, the guy's make-up makes him look like Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead movies.)

Agreed, If only he ended the performance with a gravely "Groovy." Also I was sad to hear the awesome Jen Kirkman is an Elvis Costello hater. Speaking of videos of awesomeness, Elvis Costello's video for "I Can't Stand Up for Falling Down" is delightfully insane. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZrBw6mcSM

Great ep! I especially like the Joey Ramone clip. The 19 clip was pretty great too.

Jake, are you going to post the link to that Royce and Marilyn article?

I demand that Jake create an Audible ad that combines Whisper-sync and the Whisper 2000.

"Is that guy reading GOODNIGHT MOON to his children in the apartment above yours, but you want to join in? Did a woman just knock her husband's MP3 player off his head because he admitted adultery? Did he happen to be listening to the latest WHEEL OF TIME book by the long dead Robert Jordan? Is the MP3 player still rolling? Well don't let that go to waste! Tune in to all these thing with Whisper-Sync-3000! Thanks Patriot Act!"

• Like 5

I live in Dallas. There is NO improv scene here. Is it possible to find some video about improv warm-ups? I have no context for what you were talking about, but I really, to the nth degree, want to see why this is so egregious.

I live in Dallas. There is NO improv scene here. Is it possible to find some video about improv warm-ups? I have no context for what you were talking about, but I really, to the nth degree, want to see why this is so egregious.

Unfortunately yes, there are videos.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1

This episode was GREAT, particularly when Jen started slamming Andy Kaufman's role on Taxi. And she had every right to do so.

I admire Kaufman and what he did, and I have actually never seen Taxi (though this episode made me promise to change that), but I always suspected that Kaufman's character on Taxi was little else than a precursor to Steve Urkel on Family Matters.

It was wonderful to hear Jen call him out for it so precisely.

Edited by TakeTheRisk

Sign in to follow this