🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PlanBFromOuterSpace

Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation

Last night on Netlfix streaming, I watched "Bernie" and "Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation". Both were films about funeral directors with questionable hobbies, but while one was a creepy, suspenseful, darkly funny, unexpectedly great and well-paced film, the other was the burning shit pile that was "Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation".

This is the sequel to the equally shitty 2006 "Night of the Living Dead" remake from 2006 or so, starring Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster!) as the character previously played by Sid Haig. The fact that he didn't come back is very telling, because Sid Haig (of the world famous acting troupe "The Rob Zombie Players") isn't exactly picky when it comes to projects. While we're on the subject, I'd like to suggest "Creature" again. Apparently, this latest "Night" takes place IN the Romero-verse, making reference to zombie outbreaks in 1968, 1978, and 1985, but then there's also a discussion about whether or not these new zombies or slow or fast, causing one of the (and I use this term loosely) characters to talk about Romero zombies. Also, there's someone that's supposed to be Sarah Palin and some jabs at Fox News, because apparently that's still a thing.

I read something on the IMDB message boards about the crew not getting paid, and other problems on the set, so maybe Mr. Haig would have some insight if you could get him on as a guest to talk about this film or the one he was actually in, as it looks like the same guy made both of them.

Oh, I just remembered something else! After talking about the outbreaks in 1968, 1978, and 1985, they mention ANOTHER outbreak in 1990 that was almost exactly like the 1968 outbreak, only gorier! You see, that's when they made the the first Tom Savini-directed "Night of the Living Dead" remake! *LAUGHOUTLOUD*

Hmmm, Savini seems like someone that would be game for this too...

Sign in to follow this