🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 10 — Building The Track Pt 2

Building The Track returns on today’s Rafflecast with Islands’ Nick Thorburn! Get ready for a soulful track created in 20 minutes entitled "Gimming Me Something For You, To Remember Me, Bye." (Cyrus Ghahremäni on keys, Brett Morris on bass, and Jon Daly on sax.)

Nick Thorburn needs an earwolf podcast of his very own. I could listen to that man talk about dry toast.

I don't think there was a strong enough concept of what the song would be about before it started. I think what made the Jesus song so great was that you actually tried to make a real Christian rock song; this one was just weirdness.

And yet it was still a blast to listen to. Especially that ridiculous sax solo.

I think the 'Building The Track' with Har Mar Superstar was funnier throughout, but I like the final song in this one a tad better.

So stoked you guys enjoy this segment! It's a lot of fun.

Nick brought some great Beckness, jon sounded just like Nick Cave in the first few lines and Collins in some others. Meandering process but, anything can happen. Nick played like 5 seconds of guitar the whole time but it worked great in the chorus. Jon's last minute sax changed everything.

And a lot of great stuff (medieval times) didn't even make it.

Who else would you like to hear as a guest on this?

• Like 2

Obviously Ted Leo should appear at some point. Would also love to hear someone who's closer to Will.I.Am than John Denver's Scrotum.

Reggie Watts

• Like 3

So stoked you guys enjoy this segment! It's a lot of fun.

Nick brought some great Beckness, jon sounded just like Nick Cave in the first few lines and Collins in some others. Meandering process but, anything can happen. Nick played like 5 seconds of guitar the whole time but it worked great in the chorus. Jon's last minute sax changed everything.

And a lot of great stuff (medieval times) didn't even make it.

Beckness! That's exactly what I was thinking while listening to the final product.

And obviously the best choice would be Weird Al.

So glad you guys are enjoying it. It's such a blast. I'm glad this went in a completely different direction.

Honestly if Building the Track was its own podcast it would be my favorite podcast. But I also love the idea of recurring bits within the Rafflecast universe.

Grant-Lee Phillips could be interesting...

• Like 1

I'm the asshole again. I thought, "Nothing could be as good as the first one." I was wrong. This is amazing. A tip o' the hat to Brett and Cyrus. And I love how Jon can't help but slip back into MC Record Deal and start a freestyle about pussy.

As for a request, how about a lady with a good voice? Casey Wilson, Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Claire come to mind.

I'm the asshole again. I thought, "Nothing could be as good as the first one." I was wrong. This is amazing. A tip o' the hat to Brett and Cyrus. And I love how Jon can't help but slip back into MC Record Deal and start a freestyle about pussy.

As for a request, how about a lady with a good voice? Casey Wilson, Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Claire come to mind.

St. Vincent! She's already Earwolf alumnus!

I'm a little late to the party but this was the best Ween song in years. Also, try to get Fiona Apple as a guest. She's a friend of comedy, or at least of Paul F. Tompkins.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this