🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Has no one suggested this movie? How many hints does Jason need to drop in these Earwolf podcasts? It has 7 pages of 5-star reviews on Amazon!

post-26108-0-67593300-1358377962_thumb.jpg

Ugh, I was so disappointed in this movie. I actually enjoyed the Daredevil movie and was expecting at least an enjoyable movie, but it wasn't even fun. Saw it in theaters and regretted it. So bad.

I feel like there was talk of an Elektra/Daredevil double-feature in a recent episode. Likely in jest, but it could work.

• Like 1

when you compare the 2, Daredevil looks like a masterpiece,...but yeah, they could do a double feature

when you compare the 2, Daredevil looks like a masterpiece,...but yeah, they could do a double feature

Aside from having the Elektra character in the film, this was one of the most generic theatrically-released action films I can ever remember seeing. I actually liked "Daredevil" quite a bit and was hoping that this would be an extension of that, but nope, it was pretty much it's own thing. It's own boring, boring thing, and just a waste of an opportunity to really do something with what's actually a pretty great character...at least in the comics.

the lack of consistency between the 2 movies is very glaring. i mean, in elektra they showed alot of backstory about her training and fighting skill, and it's not the same level you see in daredevil, so this movie is a spinoff that kinda retcons what she was capable of.

because, if the elektra we saw in this movie fought bullseye, she wouldn't have lost/died in Daredevil

the lack of consistency between the 2 movies is very glaring. i mean, in elektra they showed alot of backstory about her training and fighting skill, and it's not the same level you see in daredevil, so this movie is a spinoff that kinda retcons what she was capable of.

because, if the elektra we saw in this movie fought bullseye, she wouldn't have lost/died in Daredevil

It's as if they already had the script laying around and just subbed Elektra in, but didn't really bother to tailor it to the character we saw in Daredevil at all.

• Like 1

Seeing as Everyone is talking Daredevil nowadays, I did a double feature of these two. Either could work, but this is by far the toughest to sit through.

There is just no joy in this movie whatsoever. I know they have comic relief with Elektra's agent (?) and the girl on the run, but Jen Garner is just SO lifeless and doesn't appear to care what is going on.

There is also an even worse explanation of events here that in Daredevil. How DID Elektra's master get ahold of her body so that he could bring her back to life. She is DOA in NEW YORK, and now she is in...eastern Asia? Off the coast of Washington? Another thing, WHERE DOES THIS MOVIE TAKE PLACE? There is no sense of time or place beyond the connection to Daredevil, which is BARELY made.

I think Elektra was originally supposed to be released under a different name: Jennifer Garner's Contractual Obligation

• Like 3

Since everyone is pissed at Bataffleck why not do one on Daredevil? Disregard what that guy above said, I've never been more upset with a comic book movie.

Since everyone is pissed at Bataffleck why not do one on Daredevil? Disregard what that guy above said, I've never been more upset with a comic book movie.

Even Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer? Because that was pretty awful too.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen all of this movie, it was on cable tv all the dam time and I've watched parts of it but never all of it. it hasn't tickle my fancy to make me go out of my way and watch it.

Even Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer? Because that was pretty awful too.

Rise of the Silver Surfer at least has that really cool Silver Surfer/Human Torch sequence, I remember they released that as a clip before it came out, and it turned out to be the only good part of the film.

Rise of the Silver Surfer at least has that really cool Silver Surfer/Human Torch sequence, I remember they released that as a clip before it came out, and it turned out to be the only good part of the film.

I think I remember the final fight being pretty decent too. Or maybe it was just good compared to the fight at the end of the first FF, where Doom pretty much just got gang banged once everyone else hit the scene.

I'd rather watch Elektra on a non-stop loop than subject myself to either Fantastic Four movie ever again. Those movies are war crimes.

Hey with Elektra set to make an appearance on the "Daredevil" TV series maybe we should revisit this one? Not that I'm biased!

There is so much nonsense here, I think you could ask every member of the cast and crew what the plot of this was, and none of their explanations would line up. The Hand is chasing The Treasure; only Elektra was maybe the Treasure instead? Or also? And an Evil Woman at one point is like "I used to be The Treasure." So is it a title you can be stripped of, like Miss America?

Also, I love that when The Hand wants to have Elektra followed, their really subtle way of doing this is with a giant CGI bird.

• Like 2

I actually just read an article about how bad this movie was not too long ago. I haven't seen it since it came out on dvd... Maybe I should watch it again???

http://io9.gizmodo.c...-rem-1763461375

From what I remember, it felt like they were trying to make her into the same low talking, brooding, master/expert who knows all who is forced to suffer fools character trope that people write for men, except that trope was tired long before that movie was made.

• Like 1

Hahaha was just doing my rounds of the usual media pirating sites and noticed somebody just recently uploaded Elektra again with commentary tracks. Oooohhh boy.

Hahaha was just doing my rounds of the usual media pirating sites and noticed somebody just recently uploaded Elektra again with commentary tracks. Oooohhh boy.

Oh jeez, the only thing more boring than watching "Elektra" is watching it while someone is talking about the making of "Elektra".

Okay you guys clearly have Ed Brubaker's number because you got him back for THE PHANTOM. I don't know what's holding up ELEKTRA. Just think of the fun on the forums as everyone confuses me and the main character.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this