🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 63 — Malibu Ayahuasca Tea Party

Join humans Billy Merritt, Joe Hartzler, and Scott Rodgers as they take you on an improv laced journey that includes all the big drugs today’s improv4humans! They’ll strut their asses, freestyle ad jingles, and throw a Malibu Ayahuasca Tea Party with some celebs! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “The Six Most Important Sets in the History of Standup” at mattbesser.com!

Insane great episode, linking everything back into that first sketch just got funnier and funnier. And why is it so funny when improvisers become characters in the scene("we cut to Lauren's house")? Maybe because it rarely happens.

This podcast has taught me so much about all the big drugs!

• Like 1

I really want you guys to talk about those Sandy Hook videos. The fights I have gotten in with some of these people that have posted those and that support the ideas are insane. I have never felt this level of rage on made up crap on the internet as I have at these.

I really want you guys to talk about those Sandy Hook videos. The fights I have gotten in with some of these people that have posted those and that support the ideas are insane. I have never felt this level of rage on made up crap on the internet as I have at these.

you don't think the gun control episode kinda took care of that subject matter for a while?

What is this, improv4ReggieTheus? Both Billy Merritt and Adam McKay have now dropped Reggie Theus' name into a scene. That's awesome.

Matt really upped the level of the episode when he went into the nurse character the first time. That was a great choice, and it became a hilarious through line.

... And for that person who asked, Von's is a grocery store. I assume a Von's card is a 'rewards card' similar to most chain stores, with which you save a few cents on various shit if you have one.

What a fantastic and strong episode. It came back full circle wonderfully so many times and I loved how "meta" it got toward the end with doing improv on doing improv.

What's a Vaughn's (sp?) card?

Von's is a grocery chain in LA/Cali. Refering to a loyalty card.

Did everyone look at the pics? Is that the first time Matt has not worn a jersey in studio? So nice!

"Joe, who'd you vote for?"

"Well, not the turkey sitting in the white house, I can tell you that."

Loved the episode!

• Like 2

Matt brought up an interesting point on making fun of crazy people. I think the selection of these type of videos have been pretty tasteful so far, most have already gone viral at some point. There are a lot of fuckers out there that go out of their way to provoke the homeless, get them to fight, or just film them ranting for entertainment sake. It can be really sad or depressing. I think you just draw a line if it leads to something violent or someone is really suffering on camera.

On the other hand, I've been riding the bus for 12 years, and there's some things that I WISH I HAD filmed! Not the guys jacking off on the bus- but things.

Fuck that was a great episode, I was kind of distracted while listening to the first half so I wasn't quite appreciating the callbacks at first, but when I picked up on it, it was just superb. I'll have to listen to this one again.

I do enjoy very "meta" comedy but it has to be done sparingly and it takes skill to get it right, and it worked beautifully here.

Best episode ever.

There was a Monty Python vibe to this one; every sketch looping back to the incredibly trippy story of a morphine addict.

I hope we have more tied-together sketches like this in the future. It's always amazing when it works out (the first Lapkus episode comes to mind).

• Like 2

you don't think the gun control episode kinda took care of that subject matter for a while?

I'm not talking about gun rights, I'm talking about the people saying the parents aren't real, that it didn't happen, that the man who hid the kids in his house is a paid actor, that some of the kids have shown up in pictures and aren't dead. That isn't gun rights, that's just madness. I've had SEVEN friends share the video below, and that scares me beyond words.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2013/01/16/ac-kth-newtown-conspiracies.cnn#/video/bestoftv/2013/01/16/ac-kth-newtown-conspiracies.cnn

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/gene-rosen-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theory_n_2481912.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7

made the mistake of getting stoned while listening instead of being done smoking and then listening so i would get distracted and I sometimes couldnt tell when they were doing improv for like 2 mins hahah the episode was great.. the killing elk part was glorious STRUT THAT ASS

Ok I was a little high when I was listening to this but this was the best episode yet. what the fuck. so good.

Wow. The beginning of this episode was alright, but at the very end I think this became one of the best episodes ever. That ending was downright cinematic.

Sign in to follow this