🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 5 — Analyze Fish

So, like Doug Benson, Howard is a couple of years older than his IMDB profile states. Bizarre how that works, if only the DOB's (presumably not provided by them) had been accurate in the first place, they wouldn't be evading the question at all. Truth is they are two of the funniest people around and no one gives a shit if they are 31 or 51.

(They are both 52.)

Also like Doug Benson, Howard always sounds tired.

So, like Doug Benson, Howard is a couple of years older than his IMDB profile states. Bizarre how that works, if only the DOB's (presumably not provided by them) had been accurate in the first place, they wouldn't be evading the question at all. Truth is they are two of the funniest people around and no one gives a shit if they are 31 or 51.

(They are both 52.)

That's quite a declarative comment, but I wouldn't be a person on the internet if I didn't ask for a link or something to back this up.

(They are both 52.)

I don't think Howard is afraid of losing fans. But maybe he wants to keep open the option to date a 27-year-old or something. He's been involved in youth culture all his life!

With all your fish/this puns you're all forgetting that a sequel to this podcast could play on the sequel to analyse this. So someone has to convince PFT (a noted jazz skeptic if an old routine is to be believed) to like the 18 piece jazz ensemble The Big Phat Band.

Howie, Harris and PFT are 3 out of the 4 heads on my Earwolf Mt. Rushmore. I think I will have to give Jaws a rewatch before Analyze Fish episode 2.

Judging by the pics, did Shelby just roll out of bed? I hope PFT properly dressed her down for...uh...dressing down.

(just a joke, no offense intended!)

Also, with lent starting next month, maybe we could get Analyze Fish Frys?

watched Jaws BluRay last night. great film. a couple of thoughts:

are the shooting stars that appear in the background of the Orca scenes from the original?

i had to stop the disc a couple of times and each time i started it up again it went to the main menu. getting back to the right spot was a lot more involved than if i'd been watching it on a trusty ol' VHS.

watched Jaws BluRay last night. great film. a couple of thoughts:

are the shooting stars that appear in the background of the Orca scenes from the original?

I've heard that they were real. A fortunate coincidence which Spielberg eventually started deliberately adding to his other projects (like a good luck charm of sorts?)

i had to stop the disc a couple of times and each time i started it up again it went to the main menu. getting back to the right spot was a lot more involved than if i'd been watching it on a trusty ol' VHS.

That's weird, though... every Blu-Ray player I've ever owned (all both of them) remembered where I was if I had to stop something mid-watch.

With all your fish/this puns you're all forgetting that a sequel to this podcast could play on the sequel to analyse this. So someone has to convince PFT (a noted jazz skeptic if an old routine is to be believed) to like the 18 piece jazz ensemble The Big Phat Band.

You're over thinking it. Convincing a non-jazz fan to like jazz should be called Analyze Scat.

Analyze This : Analyze That :: Analyze Phish : Analyze Scat

(Plus you could talk about animal shit)

• Like 2

Am I a horrible person for immediately imagining the late, great Freddy Mercury during the discussion of sharks not being able to fit all their teeth in their mouths? Now all I can think about is FreddyShark swimming through the oceans singing We Are the Champions as he struggles to manage his many rows of teeth, a tiny half-microphone stand tucked under his fin.

Jaws was never his scene (and he didn't like Star Wars).

• Like 2

My favorite part was when Howard wedged in a rant about 'the clench' (Listen to Who Charted if you don't know what that is.) and Shelby was completely perplexed.

• Like 1

I love this but you can't call it Analyze Fish because sharks are mammals.

I love this but you can't call it Analyze Fish because sharks are mammals.

And you can't call it Analyze Phish because the band's name is Fish.

thanks guys

it might be the best/worst thing i've done for earwolf

Wow, Phish's Sprach Zarathustra is just brutal; but that was a really good mashup. Well done

So who wants to edit the poster for Analyze This? Put Howard and PFT's faces on Crystal and De Niro's, put Shelby and a shark...somewhere? Or Shelby on De Niro's face and Howard's head on the body of a shark. I'd do this myself but I don't know how to work photoshop and also I am very lazy!

If you look at the Jaws poster, you can see it doesn't quite lend itself to photoshopping faces as well as the analyze this poster. Fitting someone's head onto a shark's would be a pretty grotesque result. Which makes me curious...

...Yikes

AI5ugnH.jpg

I tried putting their eyes closer to a sharks, but it was completely impossible to make out any semblance of their faces. Even this is hard to tell.

• Like 3