🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 5 — Analyze Fish

@ColinFraser

The half-moustache is my favourite part. It's like a sharky Ed Gein.

...Yikes

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

I tried putting their eyes closer to a sharks, but it was completely impossible to make out any semblance of their faces. Even this is hard to tell.

You have crafted the most disturbing image I've ever seen.

thanks, chalkdust. it seemed like a really wierd coincidence, but i guess just another one of the innumerable coincidences/circumstances that make the film itself so great. it's when people start extrapolating about what EXACTLY makes it so great (and how you can use that to make other great movies) that things get shaky. just look at the sequels for an example of how you can't bottle spontineity. pretty sure i am going to enjoy these episodes.

other things that work brilliantly without outside interference: the pod by ween

You have done the UNTHINKABLE! NEVER did i think I would listen to this podcast, but you slap a Howard kremer, a Shelby Fero, and top it with a PFT.. then most importantly.. remove all Phish?! I'm so there it is insane!

This was great. I couldn't tell though if Howard was serious about humans being descended from sharks

Currently listening to the first episode of Analyze Phish. So excited to catch up.

This band is just so unexceptional. Completely incapable of coming up with a melody.

ohboyitsthiscommentagain.jpg

If you, like me, were led to believe there would be a follow-up to this episode, Mr. Tompkins has apparently dispelled that notion on Twitter:

No. I shouldn't have lied at the end of the 1st ep. Bad form. Sorry. // RT @mack732: @PFTompkins is there gonna be anymore Analyze Fish?

The clench remains, but the heart is broken.

ohboyitsthiscommentagain.jpg

It still holds true.

Also, WHAT? What's the point of this show if there's no follow-up?

Brody works part-time because Amity is a vacation spot with few residents during the off-season.

P.S. Will I one day get to hear a favorite comedian extol the virtues of the Barney Miller spin-off to a Vigoda neophyte?

If you, like me, were led to believe there would be a follow-up to this episode, Mr. Tompkins has apparently dispelled that notion on Twitter:

The clench remains, but the heart is broken.

Wait, you do know he's joking, right? The whole conceit is that the 3 of them watch the movie again and then come back to discuss it in a forthcoming episode.

I'm pretty sure that the person was asking if there would be more PFT/Howard episodes beyond this Shelby/Jaws two-parter, and Paul thought he was asking if there would be a second part, and answered sarcastically.

I'm pretty sure that the person was asking if there would be more PFT/Howard episodes beyond this Shelby/Jaws two-parter, and Paul thought he was asking if there would be a second part, and answered sarcastically.

Really? I get the impression from Dan's post that he was just simply asking if we're going to get the post watched jaws episode, to which PFT responded sarcastically.

Really? I get the impression from Dan's post that he was just simply asking if we're going to get the post watched jaws episode, to which PFT responded sarcastically.

Whereas I didn't get the impression that Mr. Tompkins was being particularly

in his response.

I guess there's no way of knowing unless we could ask the guy directly, but we both agree on what question PFT is answering and that he's doing so sarcastically.

• Like 1

Paul and Howard both said they haven't watched the sequels. The next logical step for Analyze Phish is finding someone who enjoys the sequels (does such a person exist??) to convince them to watch Jaws 2, Jaws 3D and Jaws The Revenge.

Whereas I didn't get the impression that Mr. Tompkins was being particularly

in his response.

The tweet doesn't really seem sarcastic, but i'm basing it on the context of the setup of the show; as an imitation of analyze phish. The episode ends with PFT saying: "When we return in our next episode, we will all have watched the movie Jaws; and we're going to talk about it as a family".

Paul and Howard both said they haven't watched the sequels. The next logical step for Analyze Phish is finding someone who enjoys the sequels (does such a person exist??) to convince them to watch Jaws 2, Jaws 3D and Jaws The Revenge.

What about Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws directed by Bruno Mattei

Originally posted by me in the Pod F. Tompkast FB group:

The coolest thing my high school ever did was due to something I suggested. I knew the student council was trying to think of cool things to do for the senior lock-in. Construction being completed on the new indoor pool, I suggested that they move the projection screen from the theatre to the pool, and show JAWS in the pool with the lights off. They agreed this was the best idea in the history of the entire school, and they did JUST WHAT I SUGGESTED! It was so cool, I wanted to recreate that again, but I live in a small apartment, and the closest thing to that is watching it in the tub on my laptop that's resting on the toilet.

Paul, if you're reading this, I suggest watching JAWS in the huge indoor pool you have in your mansion (if you haven't already).

Harris was on Whooch this week and he & Howard were joking about doing another one where Harris tries to get Howard to like Phish. I did not get the impression that any more Jaws episodes were in the works

I was clearly wrong. Thank goodness!

While I think I will enjoy the turn that this series has taken, I feel we have left the last topic a little open-ended. On episode 4, Scott still did not like Phish. Has he mulled it over and end up liking Phish? Did he attend a second Phish concert with Harris? Has Kulap commented publically about his state when he returned to the hotel room in New York? And lastly, what did the 'cunt' text Harris minutes before the end of the concert?

So many questions. I am new to Earwolf so if this has been addressed my apologies, but I require a bit of closure before moving on.

Paul F Tompkins said on the live Who Charted that there probably won't be another Analyze Phish because there's not anything more to discuss. :(