🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

An awful martial arts film, an awkward attempt at romantic drama, and an awkward amount of rhyming dialogue. It's this terrible-looking mess that feels like a decent summation of the '90s.

This might as well be a trailer:

It's available off Amazon for the low starting price of $0.01 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00020FTOK/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1358920150&sr=8-1&keywords=city+dragon&condition=new)

I like how the main star, writer, producer, fight choreographer, and singer on the soundtrack is M.C. Kung Fu while the director is "Philthy" Phil Phillips.

Okay I'm bumping this because I watched it last night and it is amazingly bad. It's basically every after school special mixed together with bad hip hop, bad fight choreography, and blatant racism and homophobia. You can tell that MC Kung Fu and Phil Phillips were trying to make themselves stars by Tommy Wiseau-ing a movie, but it fails epicly. What's great is the Bobo Joe Lo Truglio who within five minutes of the movie starting explicitly explains what a "whigger" is, then the fight scenes featuring sound effects that don't match up with the moves, and a flaming gay character who is killed and is listed in a court document with an a.k.a. of "Queen Mary." Also the baby dynamics of this movie are something else as a newborn baby is apparently two years old and whiter than the whitest adult in this movie, despite both his parents being black.

Okay I'm bumping this because I watched it last night and it is amazingly bad. It's basically every after school special mixed together with bad hip hop, bad fight choreography, and blatant racism and homophobia. You can tell that MC Kung Fu and Phil Phillips were trying to make themselves stars by Tommy Wiseau-ing a movie, but it fails epicly. What's great is the Bobo Joe Lo Truglio who within five minutes of the movie starting explicitly explains what a "whigger" is, then the fight scenes featuring sound effects that don't match up with the moves, and a flaming gay character who is killed and is listed in a court document with an a.k.a. of "Queen Mary." Also the baby dynamics of this movie are something else as a newborn baby is apparently two years old and whiter than the whitest adult in this movie, despite both his parents being black.

Yesss finally someone else saw it. Did your copy also go black for a few seconds during the climactic scene?

Yesss finally someone else saw it. Did your copy also go black for a few seconds during the climactic scene?

Holy shit it did, my friends and I thought it might have been the PS4 we were using or if the disc was faulty, I think I might have been legitimately pissed if I didn't see how this movie ended. I read about this movie in a book on bad films and found it by chance in a video store for $3, and at that point the DVD case was actually dissolving inside its plastic wrap since it hadn't been touched by a person in so long.

It's been on both copies i've seen. It's great because, in college, I'd force people who weren't into bad movies to watch it...and when it'd go black, they'd celebrate, but then it cuts right back on

Yeah this movie was something else, I kinda knew what to expect, but then it completely blew me away with what they were trying to do.