🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
choochoo_the_wonder_slut

Questions for Sark

Hey there, Sark.

I'm a few episodes back so you might have already said or done something about this but are you and your players adding in the weapon proficiency bonus to your attack rolls?

They are on page 218 of the first PHB.

Sark, you have mentioned before that you that are thinking about releasing your notes and ideas for this world once the group has traveled far enough from the situations. Also you said that in the first episode the groups first few moves went in a complete different direction then you were planing. Are we far enough from that first episode for you to release what you had in mind for them or is there information there that still somehow linked to what they are currently doing?

Side note, after listening to you guys I was really interested in playing and turns out my neighbors are big D&D players so two weeks ago I played my first game of D&D (well technicaly pathfinder) and it was great! I can't wait to play again!! Thank you to you and the whole group for working this podcast into your busy schedules for us!

• Like 4

Mister Sarkington,

Do you think that next time (Bahamut forbid) the gang has to skip an episode, you could do a solo DM update type episode? Like, discuss the things you've had to wing, what the gang has done that shocked you, what could have happened, etc?

I just think that would be so awesome, plus you are everyone's favorite F of BP&F!

Thanks.

Stay sexy my friend.

• Like 1

Mr. Sark, you sir are Amazing, and a sexy beast to boot! (Had to get that out of my system, sorry)

My question goes back to the beginning, so we may be over this, but: how did the gang survive the 'cruise ship'? Mildred was ok, because she was in a barrel, but why were the guys unharmed, but tied up? If they have no use for them, why would they allow them to live? It's not as if they weren't noticed; their weapons are gone, and they're tied up. I know there are guys working with the collectors, and they didn't seem to be zombie-ish, but if the plan was to convert them some how, why are they just tossed aside and left alone?

I know this was a bit rambly and mixed up, but i feel we still don't know much about the situation (purposefully, I'm sure). So...if anyone could shed some light on this, I would dedicate my first mechdog to you.

Sark, you have mentioned before that you that are thinking about releasing your notes and ideas for this world once the group has traveled far enough from the situations. Also you said that in the first episode the groups first few moves went in a complete different direction then you were planing. Are we far enough from that first episode for you to release what you had in mind for them or is there information there that still somehow linked to what they are currently doing?

how did the gang survive the 'cruise ship'? Mildred was ok, because she was in a barrel, but why were the guys unharmed, but tied up? If they have no use for them, why would they allow them to live?

I would love to hear about all this as well. I'm curious what you had planned if the group hadn't jumped off the ship and into the water. Did you make up the underwater people with the diving bells on the spot or was the group destined to meet them one way or another? If they hadn't jumped off the ship, would they have just crashed into the place where they found sparklett?

Thanks a lot for this awesome show. I really love listening each week.

Which is cooler I'm not sure. Hopefully this was not asked already but did you get your idea for gaseous life forms from the TV series cosmos with Carl Sagan? He describes imagined life on Jupiter similar to the creatures you had. Also I imagine The Jetsons helped conspire those trees.

Which is cooler I'm not sure. Hopefully this was not asked already but did you get your idea for gaseous life forms from the TV series cosmos with Carl Sagan? He describes imagined life on Jupiter similar to the creatures you had. Also I imagine The Jetsons helped conspire those trees.

Dude, are you kidding me? This was asked and answered on the LAST PAGE:

Negative! Some folks have posted it correctly in the forums but it is based off of Larry Niven's book 'The Integral Trees'. Niven's book may very well be based on some of the ideas in Cosmos as it came out a few years after Sagan's series!

Dude, are you kidding me? This was asked and answered on the LAST PAGE:

My bad. Thanks though, I do actually appreciate it. When I'm on this forum I use my phone and my fat fingering causes me to miss pages I don't check because it's beak time. I'm usually to distracted by my freedom during my time off. You know, running around smearing lime jello on my body.

This isn't so much a question for Sark, as a comment about him; nay, a mystery solved (for me, and I assume no one else).

For a few months now, I've been trying to figure out who Sark looked like. It would be on the tip of my brain, then cruelly retreat, driving me to the brink of madness! Then I woke up this morning, and literally the first thought in my brain was: "Sark looks like Soren Bowie's older brother!"

So, for all of those out there who were never wondering, I went ahead and solved that for you. You're welcome.

Hey Sark,

Don't forget Bart's dragon skin armor that he got in "Locker Gifts". It seems like everyone forgot that and I wanted to remind you before Bart has to take any damage.

Justin

• Like 2

Sark, where can I send a gift for you folks?

Knowing any/all of your fave colors would help, but its it necessary, I suppose.

Ron

Sorry if someone asked this before but have you checked out the D&D Next stuff? It seems like it hearkens back to 2nd edition with cantrips and stuff and has some 4th ed fighting rules in it stil. I think it's still in beta but you can get all the documentation from wizards online for free. It might be worth looking into, I'm gonna take a crack at it!

• Like 1

Is Stargoyle indestructable?

He's a familiar, so essentially, yes. They can be destroyed but they will re-appear.

Sorry if someone asked this before but have you checked out the D&D Next stuff? It seems like it hearkens back to 2nd edition with cantrips and stuff and has some 4th ed fighting rules in it stil. I think it's still in beta but you can get all the documentation from wizards online for free. It might be worth looking into, I'm gonna take a crack at it!

I don't see the pod going for it but I personally am digging the D&D Next. A good mix of old school & new school D&D.

Senior Sark,

Do you still have your earliest D&D items, like old Basic box sets and campaigns, the original Monster's Manual and the like?

Just curious on how far back you roll (literally)...

Senior Sark,

Do you still have your earliest D&D items, like old Basic box sets and campaigns, the original Monster's Manual and the like?

Just curious on how far back you roll (literally)...

I remember Sark saying he had to frequently relinquish all of his worldly possessions (including role-playing books) due to frequent family moves– that was why finding his own old Top Secret S.I. books on ebay was such a big deal for him (and so creepy to Brian.)

I have played D&D literally one time, but I'd like to play more and in the event of no one stepping up to DM, I want to be able to do it. So my question is this: What does it take to become a DM? What trials and tribulations do you have for those who want to try? You seem to be really knowledgeable about the whole process and, maybe most importantly, you're FLEXIBLE. You really know how to roll with the punches and still make it fun for most, if not, everyone. How do you do it?

I have played D&D literally one time, but I'd like to play more and in the event of no one stepping up to DM, I want to be able to do it. So my question is this: What does it take to become a DM? What trials and tribulations do you have for those who want to try? You seem to be really knowledgeable about the whole process and, maybe most importantly, you're FLEXIBLE. You really know how to roll with the punches and still make it fun for most, if not, everyone. How do you do it?

1. Pretend you know what you're doing. 2. Never admit that you don't know what you're doing. 3. Be flexible. 4. Don't lead players by the hand.

I write up everything before hand, because I'm anal. I try to guess what the players might do and write up a brief paragraph in response to that. I also have all the stats for all the NPCs handy.

i'm gonna out myself as a person who's pretty clueless on the rules of D&D, but i had question about rolls. with the 2e system of rolling under, how to botches work ? isn't rolling a one a really good thing now? or is that for only certain kinds of checks? sorry if its a dumb noob question i'm just a little confused cause it seemed like a rule you guys had been doing for awhile and not 4e specific

when are you gonna do a big information dump on shit they completely ran past? ive been relistening to the whole set and there's some pretty interesting stuff i'd like to see addressed.

such as:

the following items have either never been mentioned or their usefulness has never been sussed out, or they were used for a short time and forgotten:

the flail.

two rings (it was 2).

the necklace.

the boots.

at some point there was talk of a magic dagger but idk where it came from.

the water crown.

the crossbow. the longbow.

is mildred ever gonna use those shield moves she kept complaining about or does she have a new move set now that you're on 2nd?

jafe? i know he died, but i also know you had some shit planned for him.

no one ever acknowledged the fact that they literally and completely failed to save anyone on tuftworld except mildred, except the 15 people in the nasa space ship.

what plans did you have in store for the nasa spaceship? or was it more there because it was there in the book this world was based on?

• Like 1