🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
choochoo_the_wonder_slut

Questions for Sark

Sark, this isn't a question, but you know what would be awesome? If you figured out a way to bring some old characters back who mysteriously got lost in the story's many twists and turns. I've been re-listening ever since the group-wipe, and it has been fascinating to be reminded of all the NPCs that have been introduced and forgotten along the way.

Like, what happened to Tras?

Is Trondoor still alive (I know, probably not, but he could be a rat) ?

Has the Elder relearned some of his magical abilities (possibly allowing him to travel through time and space to aid our adventurers)?

What happened to the Old Necromancer? Will they ever catch up with him?

• Like 2

Sark, this isn't a question, but you know what would be awesome? If you figured out a way to bring some old characters back who mysteriously got lost in the story's many twists and turns. I've been re-listening ever since the group-wipe, and it has been fascinating to be reminded of all the NPCs that have been introduced and forgotten along the way.

Like, what happened to Tras?

Is Trondoor still alive (I know, probably not, but he could be a rat) ?

Has the Elder relearned some of his magical abilities (possibly allowing him to travel through time and space to aid our adventurers)?

What happened to the Old Necromancer? Will they ever catch up with him?

also, i can't remember, did something happen to Wiggy the wolf kind? did i miss something or did he just sorta disappear in the tunnels?

• Like 1

also, i can't remember, did something happen to Wiggy the wolf kind? did i miss something or did he just sorta disappear in the tunnels?

I think was sent to report the presence of the rat people in the tunnel to the king, but right after he was sent there was a tunnel collapse and it was unknown wether he made it of was caught in the deliberate collapse.

I think was sent to report the presence of the rat people in the tunnel to the king, but right after he was sent there was a tunnel collapse and it was unknown wether he made it of was caught in the deliberate collapse.

i think you're right, that makes sense, that's about the last time i remember him being mentioned. thanks

One hypothesis I have re: Wiggy. Maybe he was turned into a rat-wolfkind? Maybe HE was the Gnasher?

• Like 2

One hypothesis I have re: Wiggy. Maybe he was turned into a rat-wolfkind? Maybe HE was the Gnasher?

i thought about that too!

Hello! I just listened to the newest episode (dwarves vs. manrats) and the gang left without Stargoyle! Did he sneak onto the carts without anyone noticing? -coughIhopesocough-

• Like 2

Hello! I just listened to the newest episode (dwarves vs. manrats) and the gang left without Stargoyle! Did he sneak onto the carts without anyone noticing? -coughIhopesocough-

I'm guessing when he lost contact with Blackie he returned to the ship.

• Like 1

I have a real question, not merely a quip, and all are encouraged to try to answer.

In episode 40, someone rattles off a slew of really funny impressions: Brody Stevens, Paul Giamatti, Andy Kindler etc.

I couldn't tell if it was in reality Blaine, Brody Stevens himself, or some other person, because they don't specifically say who it was. I don't think it was Ken, even though he does great impressions, because I could hear him laughing.

Anyone???

I have a real question, not merely a quip, and all are encouraged to try to answer.

In episode 40, someone rattles off a slew of really funny impressions: Brody Stevens, Paul Giamatti, Andy Kindler etc.

I couldn't tell if it was in reality Blaine, Brody Stevens himself, or some other person, because they don't specifically say who it was. I don't think it was Ken, even though he does great impressions, because I could hear him laughing.

Anyone???

it was James Adomian!

• Like 1

Excellent--never heard of him, but he does good work! Will check out.

oh wow! you're in for a treat! go back and listen to the Comedy Bang Bangs (theres alot of them ) featuring him, they're all amazing, its good place to start, also get his album Low Hanging Fruit, it's the first, and only maybe?, comedy album put out by Earwolf

• Like 3

Hey Senor Sarko: I asked this in the ep 73 thread, but I was wondering if there's any chance you can maybe do a minisode-style cast in regards to all the things the party fucked/blew up, the times they went left instead of right, potential plots that never got seen because of those haywire-inducing decisions ("I stab him in the neck. Right?"). Thanks for a great show, I really love it. I love especially explaining to my wife exactly wtf I'm doing listening to people play D&D. Direct reply from her: "That is the single nerdiest thing I've ever heard of." then walk off like she just made the game winning three. Good luck with the baby! I have a 3 month old and she rules like thor.

edit: I believe you mentioned something like this or a "post-mortem" at one point during the game, that's how it got in my head.

Sir Sark.

Damn man. It's been good. It's been damn good. I've listened to all of Nerd Poker all the way through twice and it was worth every episode. God damn it. You've inspired a lot of people to pick up the game we all love or learned to love so much. Thank you for the times. I just realized this isn't a question. So I'll just post my earlier question.

Have you Googled Sir Richard? The first result may surprise you.

You're both my favorite YouTuber and my favorite DM.

We are honored to have had you. Gandalf said it best for these troubled times:

End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it... White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

And for the rest of you sad listeners:

I will not say "Do not weep", for not all tears are an evil.

Also, good luck Blaine! -Gandalf

• Like 1

What was the Old Necromancer's name?

Thanks for an awesome Season One of Nerd Poker. No worries about the rushed ending; it's the journey that counts. My favorite parts were probably around the Sparklet days and some of the gas planet stuff. Thanks again. I started playing D&D because of you guys.

• Like 1

Since this is our last shot, off the top of my head:

1. What was the necromancer doing with the men, exactly?

2. What was the deal with 12-pack, the water village "elder"? And did he live?

3. What could Jayphe have done for the party?

4. Could they have saved Glinishmore?

5. How peaty is Glinishmore whisky?

6. Did podcasting change the flow of the game or your DM style at all?

7. What are your thoughts on coming out to the coast?

• Like 3

SARK???!!!

Typical Shitty GM move. Get a cool DM robe and then check out!!! Shitty shitty DM.....

Kidding. Thanks for all the sttrange and disturbing FUN!!!!

CLAY AND TINA CARVER

In honor of Sarah, did the gang miss out on some epic treasure?

I'm gonna miss you Sark! <3

Thank you Sark!

For introducing me to D&D. found the podcast last summer and have loved every episode. I have been a fan since before Hutch came on Machinima (can't remember year/how long it's been). Can't wait to hear about all the awesomeness the group missed and hope you can do something similar in the future :) and two question in the end.

what is your most favorite movie quote ever?

do you have a tip on how to get started playin D&D?

wish you, Mrs. Sark and baby Sark the best

- Erik

I have a bunch of questions but I'm sure the answer to most of them are "I would have figured something out." like what would have happened if they went to the gas planet again instead of G-more, were the rat things going to also be in the crystal cavern if they had gone there first, would the rat-scapades have happened if they picked the right route, etc. Really I want to know what happened to Stargoyle most of all.

Also you better come back to DMing! I doubt anybody will be able to carry your jock

I just finished episode 7, I'm hooked. It's nerd crack for my ears. Thank you!

..now onto episode 8.

• Like 1

What were all the players (and DM of course) favorite or memorable moments, and what were things that THEY wondered about when they zigged instead of zagged, or what did they have questions on in the campaign?

What was with the abandoned NASA spaceship on the Gas Planet, with the US flag on it?

Did the Old Man have any backstory/background we didn't get to? What, exactly, was his plan? (I feel like we saw bits and pieces of it, but never quite the whole thing in total - which makes sense, it's unlikely our heroes would either.)

Do the Collectors predate the Old Man, or did he create them?

WTF was with the dead planet/tower of corpses?

Were our heroes all from different lands on the same planet, or from different planets? (It seemed the former at the start of the campaign, maybe the latter by the end.) If from different planets, how'd they end up on the same cruise ship? :)

Did those weirdo fart sharks at the bottom of the Gas Planet know anything more than they let on?

Under normal circumstances (i.e. not being turned into a Giant Baby), would fighting the Old Man, even with a crew of a dozen or so hard-bitten adventurers, basically have been a death sentence? I'm recalling fighting the Water Elemental, which after hundreds and hundreds of HP drained was still not yet 'bloodied.'

Will we ever get an epilogue of what happened to the Mildred Clone? :D

And finally, thank you thank you THANK YOU for putting together such an awesome storyline and campaign! Wouldn't be asking so many questions on odds and ends if it weren't super-engaging and well-told.

• Like 4