🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shakesbeard

Footloose (1984)!

Kevin Bacon's angry dancing and smoking, a montage of teaching Chris Penn rhythm. Jon Lithgow. What more needs to be said!

Oh, also the wonderful tractor chicken scene where Kevin Bacon only wins because he can't get his "foot loose" from the pedal. Super Meta.

say what? I know this movie is old but how is this movie bad? this was a huge hit. Enough to spawn a reboot.

say what? I know this movie is old but how is this movie bad? this was a huge hit. Enough to spawn a reboot.

That doesn't mean it's not crazy! And to be fair, it's not like only good movies are huge hits, and bad movies get remade all the time.

If anything they should do the bad remake, that they made. not so long ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068242

I watched that it was a real good waste of time and money. Like burning a cheap cigar waste of money.

The original one has Kevin Bacon in it. How can you dare call that bad.

God, I thought (hoped) you guys were joking. Have you written five-star reviews for this film?

That doesn't mean it's not crazy! And to be fair, it's not like only good movies are huge hits, and bad movies get remade all the time.

I am not aware of any bad movies being remade. I have only seen prior hits with hollywood being remade. I would like to see a bad movie like They Live remade so it could be much better than the original. Please share any bad remakes you know of.

I am not aware of any bad movies being remade. I have only seen prior hits with hollywood being remade. I would like to see a bad movie like They Live remade so it could be much better than the original. Please share any bad remakes you know of.

Plenty of bad and/or unmemorable movies get remade, but they tend to go under the radar a bit or at least have a lower profile, as no one's throwing the same kind of shit fits over those, although you DO still have those people that say "Why would they remake THAT?", when in truth, if you feel you HAVE to remake something, it's the bad ones that SHOULD be remade. We're just starting to enter a period where there are remakes of movies like "Total Recall" or "Robocop" that I clearly remember seeing in the theater that I grew up on, and while those ARE highly-regarded films of their era, I'm just waiting to see what remakes come out in the next few years where I know the originals were NOT classics, just to see who comes out of the woodwork to defend them. "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man is a PERFECT film, there's no WAY the remake can live up to the original!"

Seriously though, just check out Netflix or something and see what's there. That's where a lot of remakes and sequels you may not have been aware of go to die.

I wouldn't say it's a five star movie but it was a good movie for it's time. It was on pay tv forever in the 80s.. I remember that and the actors in this film are great... the music can now seem dated.Lets hear it for the boy!!!!

a bad movie like They Live

STOP.

RESET.

You and I can't be friends :(

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this