🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 197 — Please Claire-ify

Tim Heidecker is here to tell us about his new venture as Vice President of Alternative Merchandising for The Who on this week’s Comedy Bang Bang! Paul Rust is our cheesed off co-host who helps Scott demystify some American myths and brings in some brand new New No-Nos. Bill Cosby-Bukowski also drops by to talk about his love of Kroll Show, explain exactly what #230pst is, and performs a special inauguration inspired Jelloem. Plus, Tim becomes George Burns during a game of Would You Rather?

for the full video of today’s episode!

I saw this live and thought it was another stellar episode, so I'll just comment on the video. The greatest positive was seeing Heidecker actually laugh. I thought his comedy was all, "No, but." After seeing him enjoy Paul and Jon, I was on board the Entwhistle train for the first time.

The only problem I had was the weird camera movements and the strange focus problems; almost like the first season of NYPD Blue. And the shadow on Scott's face like he was Peter Lorre in "M."

Maybe it's just me, but for me, brighten and tighten the cameras.

I love you.

I'm having some serious troubles finding this video on the VPN network. Is it not up yet? I'm really glad Earwolf is delving into video podcasting, but so far, the whole process is confusing from a viewer standpoint. The split between the VPN and Earwolf channels is sort of misleading, and there's not a great timeframe on when things will be uploaded after the live streams, which I personally will never be able to watch. I know it's still in its infancy, so hopefully all the kinks get ironed out sooner rather than later.

Comedy Bang Bang is my absolute favorite thing in the world, and I'll be a diehard fan forever, so hopefully this isn't misconstrued as disrespectful, just some food for thought.

• Like 4

ahh i loved watching this live it was such an amazing experience and listening to the audio today is bringing back all the laughter haha a truly superb episode WASABE PLEASE

I watched it live and there were some problems with the stream (nothing terrible, just the usual hitches of a less-than-perfect video stream), so it was nice to have the podcast, because the greatness of New No-Nos and a lot of BCB's stuff are kind of lost if you even miss a few seconds. The "Riders on the Storm" bit was especially funny. Now excuse me while I go put some Jellotion on my Phylicia Rashad.

Holy fuck. I love that Jon Daly is actually wearing a Cosby-ass Cosby sweater.

Such a great episode. Three of the best guests that a comedy nerd could ask for.

I love that Scott's version of heaven not only includes Adolf Hitler, but Hitler as a musician who plays with Jimi Hendrix.

• Like 4

I mentioned it on the other thread, but this was my 'dream' CBB line-up. I know Heidecker gets mixed reactions on the Earwolf forums, but he is my favorite CBB guest. I think he and Scott have great on-air chemistry. Tim talking about getting a 'warning' from Roger Daltrey is probably one of the funniest things I'd heard in a long time - and then that moment was quickly usurped by the even greater George Burns impression. Add Paul Rust putting hot button issues into his crosshairs and Bill Cosby Bukowski's plug for 230PST - I just know I will listen to this one 100 times.

• Like 1

For people have seen the live version already, Bill Cosby Bukowski is wasted, right?

Great episode. Lots of laughs.

For people have seen the live version already, Bill Cosby Bukowski is wasted, right?

Great episode. Lots of laughs.

I'm pretty sure on another podcast, Jon Daly said he quit drinking and smoking.a while back.

• Like 2

He didn't say Jon Daly, he said Bill Cosby Bukowski

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure on another podcast, Jon Daly said he quit drinking and smoking.a while back.

He looked pretty buzzed to me, but I don't recall him actually drinking on camera.

• Like 1

Hey, folks! You can subscribe to the Earwolf YouTube channel to easily find our new video episodes. We'll be broadcasting a live Earwolf episode every Thursday night at 9pm ET/6pm PST (Comedy Bang Bang, Who Charted, and more) there!

Plus,

! It's so much fun to see Paul Rust make eye contact with the camera for New No-Nos, and to see how much Bill Cosby-Bukowski fucking loves Capri Sun. Enjoy!

• Like 1

That was a lot of fun, loved BCB. Watched it on youtube and it's nice to see all the stuff that goes on during the show! Be it expressions or hand gestures or whatever. Glad that you guys are posting these, they're too fun!

• Like 1

I have one bit of constructive criticism for the video version of the podcast. I wasn't thrilled with the closeups, I found it much funnier when the wide angle was showing all of the guests simultaneously... The old phrase, 'comedy lives in the wide shot' springs to mind.

I understand that the mic stands cause a bit of an issue obstructing people and causing shadows, but the wide shot was more interesting to me. That let you see everybody's reactions, how they played off of each other, when they dug each other's joke, etc.

Very cool stuff no matter what. Good episode.

• Like 5

New No-No: If you're going to have three comedy geniuses as guests at the same time, then I should get to invite their grandparents to Magic Mountain. You listenin', Six Flags? New No-No.

• Like 1

Didn't even notice the video feed before, but watching it now... I think this is the first time I've seen Tim laugh un-ironically... Mark me down as a fan of the video aspect - it definitely doesn't detract from the comedy, and there's a lot of potential for semi-visual stuff that we couldn't get in a podcast.

I like to believe Jon Daly was wearing that sweater anyway and didn't know the episode was being filmed.

• Like 2

I like to believe Jon Daly was wearing that sweater anyway and didn't know the episode was being filmed.

So would I but that is the same sweater he wears in the Funny or Die BCB video. In any matter, I loved the video on youtube.com/vpn and hope to watch more videos of CBB in the future. Even if they're not weekly, it's ok. We can be only so lucky.

Wow! Just checked out the video feed. Daly looks like an absolute wreck. It actually made me concerned.

Paul Rust's facial expressions during the New No Nos, however...amazing.

• Like 3

I didn't realize how close we were to 200, especially with Thursday episodes. Looking forward to seeing if there's anything special planned for the big 200.

Sign in to follow this