🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
faye-raye

True words spoken in jest

:DHi all!

I'm a long time listener first time poster and a massive fan of the show. Just wanted to say that although Paul joked on the mini episode about the show stopping someone killing themselves for me it was actually true.

Last year, I suffered from a very deep bout of depression and one of the few things that made me smile was listening to the show. There were times when I did feel like killing myself but would put it off so I could heard next week's episode. I know a lot of people will say I'm fishing for sympathy but I'm not. HDTGM really was one of the things that helped me and I wanted to say thanks to Paul, June, Jason and the team at Earwolf for their small part in my recovery.

I'm all better now but still love the show/ Keep finding things bonkers, Paul. Keep getting confused, June. And Jason keep letting us know exactly when you come. Long live bad movies! .

I struggle with depression too, man (girl?). Keeping your mind occupied, especially with funny stuff like this, is a huge help for me as well. Hang in there!

It's funny how weird little things like a podcast or a tv show can be the thing that keeps you going another day. I also have depression and anxiety disorder and I've found that popping in my headphones and listening to the show when I'm having a bad day can be the thing that keeps me from having a panic attack or just give me a chance to get out of my head. My current job is fairly stressful and when things are reaching a boiling point I'll take ten minutes and walk around the building listening to No Holds Barred or 88 Minutes, and then things are okay.

In college I actually remember not killing myself because The Phantom Menace trailer had just come out and I didn't want to miss that movie because it looked so good. Thank Goodness that I was in therapy and on medication by the time the movie came out, because that was very disappointing.

Sign in to follow this