Episode 1 — Burlesque

1 reply to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Paul Scheer and his friends went to see Burlesque, and you might be shocked to hear that they didn't like it. Paul, June, Jason, and guest Nick Kroll help us sift through the glitter and sadness that makes up this Golden Globe nominated film. June shares with us some of the life lessons she learned from this future-classic and everyone shares their personal 'WHAT THE FUCK?' moment. Email us at howdidthisgetmade@earwolf.com with your thoughts on Burlesque and nominations for future movies to investigate.

#2 Skittlebrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Hello there!

New podcast adventurer, Skittlebrew, here. I was initiated into the EARWOLF stable of podcasts through Nerd Poker. One of my friends linked me to it, a few months ago. Out of boredom and after having browsed through the available shows, How Did This Get Made caught my eye. I had to admit, the concept of the program, in a MST3K kind of way, sounds like a fuck-load of fun. On top of that, to be entertained by the comedic genius of seemingly the entire cast of The League, an awesome show in it's own right, makes it even better.

I'll be starting this HDTGM journey from square one, episode one, as I watch each movie and share my opinion about said film as well as my thoughts about the host's remarks, and work my way toward, and try to catch up to, the most current episode. It might take me a couple of years, but I'm dedicated (at least for now) to the enterprise!

I admit, that I don't particularly enjoy shitty movies--although they are great to make fun of--but up until this juncture, I never pointedly made an effort to watch one, on purpose. Voluntarily watching a shit-awful film, without a forum of discussion, to dissect it and tear it to pieces, is a venture into insanity. Thankfully EARWOLF has provided us with a place to unload our rage. So with all of my heart: thank you and fuck you, HDTGM, for opening up my universe to the perverse pleasures of shitting all over horrible, should never have been made, cinema.

This should be great!
Posted Image