🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
khnyr44

Slap Shot 2 - Breaking the Ice

I can't believe this hasn't been suggested. You thought the Love Guru was bad? Oh my, this is much, much worse. For consideration, I submit to you: Slap Shot 2 - Breaking the Ice.

Stephen Baldwin. Gary Busey. The over the title "stars." Two names that are not brought up nearly enough on the show.

A hockey movie about fake, staged hockey games (think Harlem Globetrotters.) It's set 25 years after the first "Slap Shot." One implausibility after another. Most of the hockey is CG garbage. The acting is terrible. The script is worthless. The ending should go down as a war crime.

0% on Rotten Tomatoes. I can't find box office numbers. I believe the budget was $8 million. I don't know where the other $7 million went.

As a hockey person, this movie is an embarrassing stain on the game. The original movie with Paul Newman is a classic. The fact this movie shares anything with the original is offensive.

I cannot figure out how or why in the hell the movie was made. I don't know if there will be enough interest to do it, but I'd love to see this torn apart.

Sign in to follow this