🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Blueman29X

Omissions: After Earth

There are a couple​ some of things that you guys might have missed:

• If everything on Earth evolved to kill humans, then why does the bird sacrifice itself to save Jaden? That's the exact opposite of killing him.

• Will's daughter in the movie is named Senshi, a Japanese word meaning "warrior." Kinda ironic considering what happens to her.

• 1,000 years in the future, everybody has weird accents because all of the people of the Earth came together or something, but everybody speaks English instead of Mandarin. On top of that, the English language seems to have remained completely stagnant, and the only other country that seems to have had some discernible impact on their new culture is Japan.

• Jaden is supposed to be a scaredy-cat in the beginning of the movie, but wasn't terribly afraid of the giant monkey-baboon-things. Wouldn't throwing rocks at giant apes be considered fearless?

• The movie tries to say "face your fears head on," but instead says something more along the lines of "don't be afraid of anything ever." Humans have a fight-or-flight response, so never being afraid would actually be to a person's detriment.

• Apparently in the future, tigers are still a thing.

• The crippled veteran who has a high tech wheelchair instead of crutches or prosthetics, should probably not even be crippled at all; in 1,000 years we should have already discovered human limb regeneration, and made it affordable.

• Why do the tigers even need to attack to the birds nest at all? They're tigers! Can't they just hunt giant monkeys or something?

• If the Ursas could sense fear, then how was younger Jaden able to hide from them when they killed his sister?

• Seriously, how are tigers not extinct?

• Jaden is supposed to be a scaredy-cat in the beginning of the movie, but wasn't terribly afraid of the giant monkey-baboon-things. Wouldn't throwing rocks at giant apes be considered fearless?

• If the Ursas could sense fear, then how was younger Jaden able to hide from them when they killed his sister?

He is basically pissing his pants in that scene, and stupidly throws the rock which antagonizes the baboons (his freakout in that scene actually made me giggle in the theater). He is definitely not fearless there. At least that was not how I read that scene.

And I thought they said something to the effect of the Ursa couldn't smell him in the terrarium.

He is basically pissing his pants in that scene, and stupidly throws the rock which antagonizes the baboons (his freakout in that scene actually made me giggle in the theater). He is definitely not fearless there. At least that was not how I read that scene.

Yeah, that's a good point. I just figured that if he was scared, running away would have been his first response. It makes more sense that he was just dumb and threw a rock.

And I thought they said something to the effect of the Ursa couldn't smell him in the terrarium.

They might have. I'll admit, I didn't pay much attention.

They might have. I'll admit, I didn't pay much attention.

And really, who could blame you?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this