đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JaredPrice

Thunderpants (2002)

I would like to suggest Thunderpants as an episode for HDTGM. It is a British/ German film from 2002. It follows the adventures of a young boy who has a terrible problem, his uncontrollable flatulence. His salvation comes in the form of his best friend, a kid genius played by Rupert Grint, who strives to invent a way to contain his noxious gas. The film follows the comic misadventures of the main character as he goes from one bad situation to the next, from helping perform an operatic piece, to facing a firing squad for farting, and eventually saving the space program by powering a space rocket with his gas. There are a few well known actors sprinkled amongst the cast such as Simon Callow, Stephen Frye, Paul Giamatti, Ned Beatty and Anna Poppelwell. I think this would make for a very entertaining episode, it is literally bonkers; a stonecold insane flick.

• Like 1

How can you resist this IMDB description?

An 11-year-old boy's amazing ability to break wind leads him first to fame and then to death row, before it helps him to fulfill his ambition of becoming an astronaut.

• Like 1

I stumbled across this movie, appropriately enough, incredibly stoned while at a supermarket. It was in one of those "one dollar" reject DVD bins. I've had it in my bookshelf for years, and I can always tell that people lose respect for me immeasurably when they find it while looking through my selections. Having said that I wouldn't trade this gem of bad cinema for the world.

This movie stars a young Rubert Grint of Harry Potter fame, as the nerdy, boy-genius best friend to another child (played by an unknown actor by the name of Bruce Cook) who has massive uncontrolled flatulence. Eventually, Rubert Grint's character figures out that he can harness Bruce Cook's explosive farting to power a rocket into space, which they use to rescue some trapped astronauts.

Based on an original short story by the writer and director of this movie Pete Hewitt (Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey) this movie sports surprisingly good production values, given the plot and low budget. This has all the hallmarks of a passion project...for somebody, raising the question, how did this even get made?

Trailer

Wikipedia

IMBD