🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BlanchotMG

Theme Song

I've been listening the HDTGM since the beginning. I love it. The hosts have great chemistry, the movies are horrible, and I look forward to each new episode.

But I truly dislike the theme song. It's not that it's a particularly bad song, it's just that the song doesn't seem to match the overall tone of the show. The song is upbeat, hyper. The show is laid back, comfortable. For the last few podcasts I've skipped the first 30 seconds of the show in order to avoid the theme song.

Further, I recognize that theme songs are no easy task. One can't be picky about great free content. Plus the song was created early on, and added to the production value of the first few episodes, but for me, the theme song has become abrasive. For other listeners it might gear them up, or they might not care at all. But it is out of my own care for the show, from the position of a dedicated (if a bit whiny) listener, that I voice my concern.

Love the podcast, and the new shirt. Keep it coming.

I happen to think it fits pretty well. For me, it evokes it the rushed, impatient, and idiotic aura that surrounds the making of these films. It's kind of what I imagine Michael Bay plays every morning before he heads out to blow shit up.

I think it fits well also. Is it by Hard and Phirm? Like their Doug Benson themes, I can easily picture some cool animation going with it well...

ETA: Le Google sez' it is by Warren Fitzgerald - Vandals gee-tarist and Who Charted ep. 25 guest...

Sign in to follow this